Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they'll be ok discount but they'll roll the dice on the 2 year lease terms. That's what really makes these extra "special"

Exactly. Their/my thinking is that the sales number for the second half of the year require a big step up from H1 and that to meet it, they will likely rely on incentives again, including 2 year leases. As a shareholder, I sort of home that we're wrong as these leases impact margins, Selfish of me especially since I already secured an awesome car.

I have a fully loaded 2016 P90D with Ludicrous with about 5k miles on it being shipped to the Tesla Service Center in San Diego, CA. I am looking to see if anyone wants to take delivery on the car. It a pre-refreshed model with a sticker price of $140,500 with a $31,400 discount. It's a mulit color red with black next gen seats... The 2 year lease payments come in at $820 a month with taxes on the tesla estimate with 10k miles a year, with $1500 for transportation fees. PM me if interested.

Reactions: hmmm and AlanSqB
Been busy today but just saw a text from my OA. Congrats to the 4 TMC'ers that found something that worked for them.

Once again, happy to hear my OA worked to find you something and enjoy your cars!!

Tell me you got number 5 out of that...

I have a fully loaded 2016 P90D with Ludicrous with about 5k miles on it being shipped to the Tesla Service Center in San Diego, CA. I am looking to see if anyone wants to take delivery on the car. It a pre-refreshed model with a sticker price of $140,500 with a $31,400 discount. It's a mulit color red with black next gen seats... The 2 year lease payments come in at $820 a month with taxes on the tesla estimate with 10k miles a year, with $1500 for transportation fees. PM me if interested.

What's the drive-off cost? I'm sure you'll find a taker. I'm not sure Tesla will refund your deposit even if you find one though.

Does anyone know what determines the discount being offered on inventory cars? I was looking at one with 2k miles on it and they were offering $14k. Working through the numbers they didn't seemed to be able to budge on the discount, whereas others have reported much bigger discounts on other vehicles?

Seems to go to be true for an $80k car
And 8% tax up front. does that include all taxes fees etc. ?
No, only 4% upfront. I'm trying to get residual from OA as the number he gave me (70) is not right. As per the lease calculator on Tesla, it should be 62, which is also not right.
Also, 6k down is not same as amount due at signing. For the above math, you pay 6k, first month payment , doc fee and disposition fee.

Does anyone know what determines the discount being offered on inventory cars? I was looking at one with 2k miles on it and they were offering $14k. Working through the numbers they didn't seemed to be able to budge on the discount, whereas others have reported much bigger discounts on other vehicles?
I don't think there is any pattern. I've seen actual demo cars with miles on them priced way more than new inventory.
One thing I did see is higher price points cars have more discount. If you are leasing, that helps a lot but not so much for finance.

I think 18% to 20% is good deal for this month before federal incentive.

I'm very interested in leasing a P90D and went for a test drive for the first time today. Wow! I'm sold. The only sticking point for me is that in Texas, when leasing a car we need to pay 6.25% on the full sales price. So tax on a discounted $112,000 car is $7000. This is significant when the rest of the 24 month lease is $25-$30k.

Any suggestions or advice on how to mitigate the lease sales tax? I could get my mom who lives in Virginia to do the lease. This would reduce the tax payment from 6.25% ($7000) to 4.1% ($4600) for a savings of $2400. But I would then need to pu and return in Virginia which if I ship would pretty much negate any saving. I know some states only charge tax on the lease payments, but my understanding is that the leasee would need to have a residence in the state.

Any thoughts?

I'm very interested in leasing a P90D and went for a test drive for the first time today. Wow! I'm sold. The only sticking point for me is that in Texas, when leasing a car we need to pay 6.25% on the full sales price. So tax on a discounted $112,000 car is $7000. This is significant when the rest of the 24 month lease is $25-$30k.

Any suggestions or advice on how to mitigate the lease sales tax? I could get my mom who lives in Virginia to do the lease. This would reduce the tax payment from 6.25% ($7000) to 4.1% ($4600) for a savings of $2400. But I would then need to pu and return in Virginia which if I ship would pretty much negate any saving. I know some states only charge tax on the lease payments, but my understanding is that the leasee would need to have a residence in the state.

Any thoughts?

You actually wouldn't need to do that. I had my car delivered to LA with a Chicago registration and mailing address. Other than some initial confusion with them sending my car to Chicago, it was pretty straight forward.

Bit of a dilemma that I'd like some advice on: I went ahead and placed my order/got lease approved at end of August. Then, had to spend money I'd set aside for delivery cash on rental property repairs. I've got client invoices outstanding AND have a property just placed into escrow a week ago. So, in either case, I'll have the extra cash to go get my car...but only by 2nd week of October, aka AFTER the 3rd qtr push. So of course I've been told that If I don't take it by the end of the month, (or sooner, sits been at the SC for a couple weeks), I lose the car and have to start over again. I'm not pleased, as it was EXACTLY what I wanted. Does anyone close to OA's or greater think there's anything I could do to get them to hold it?

I'm well aware that they are hellbent on everything this quarter...but my rental property (and tenants) didn't seem to agree. :)