Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in another thread, there are solutions. I keep the rocket launcher in the trunk, but the rounds in the frunk. Need to break into both to be usable. The launcher is hard-mounted and I keep one rocket loaded so I can open the trunk deck and fire at truly annoying tailgaters. Usually only need the one round.
Not funny, even in jest. Use of weapons in response to perceived slights is what makes your nation a Very Sad (and dangerous) Place.

Reactions: KArnold
There are lots of articles to support intense skepticism and distrust of our favorite bird scrotum’s fundamentalist financial advice, but I think this one covers it the best.

Good luck OP. No financial institution is going to give you $50k in cash in exchange for a cashier’s check on the spot, or even 24 hours later, so your reliance on this as a gauge of authenticity is flawed. You are right to be distrustful of this entire transaction.

I guess it depends on what we mean when we say the check has “cleared”.

In this thread you’ve said:

“Wait until after the check has been processed fully and funds have been made available in your account.

Once that is done, there's no way for your bank to come back on you. They released funds in full and the check cleared.”

And also:

“That's not how it works. If your bank clears it, the funds are yours. Period.”

As I’ve said twice now, the article I’ve posted does a good job of explaining why I find this explanation to be misleading at best and downright false at worst. A bank making funds available to you in advance of the clearinghouse process in no way makes the funds “yours, period”, and there are many many many examples of banks taking those funds back after the fact and leaving the seller on the hook. OP is right to be highly skeptical. There are ways to control the risk - calling the issuing bank as you suggested is a great start. Insisting on holding the car/title for 2-3 weeks post deposit is a good next step. But I think in any case the hassle and risk associated with dealing with a check outweighs any risk associated with a wire transfer.

Anyway. I don’t really care to argue further. I think Hank’s generally got the lay of the land as far as characterizing your posts in these sorts of topics and you and I have had exchanges in the past regarding your fundamentalist views on financial matters, so it probably does nobody any good to press those points further.
Right on cue. Here's another one of those people I mentioned earlier who follows me around like a lost puppy just looking for ways to twist what I say to start an argument because of some unexplainable obsession with me.

Not once did I say that the bank making the funds "available" was the same thing as clearing the check. In fact, I was quite clear at one point about describing how banks will release a certain portion of the funds from check to you BEFORE THE CHECK CLEARS based on your relationship with them. This isn't the same thing. Once the check CLEARS the funds are yours. Period. I didn't misspeak and I've stated this in no uncertain terms multiple times now. I know reading comprehension is tough but despite every action of yours proving to the contrary I still believe you can do it.

After all, you really have to do some serious mental gymnastics to try to make it seem like I said the person should release the car & title before the check is fully cleared by their bank. But here you are, putting words in my mouth that I didn't say and then accusing me of being "misleading at best and downright false at worst" in your post. Then you loop someone else in by name in your nonsense to convince them that y'all are on the same side in typical bully fashion as are the tendencies of weak-minded people.

in typical bully fashion as are the tendencies of weak-minded people.

You know, it's easy to tell when someone has lost an argument when they have to resort to ad-hominem attacks. Something you do quite often when everyone else dumps on you for your frequent, useless, and unsolicited "advice". If anyone wants a crystal-clear example of this behaviour, just read this (closed) thread.

And to quote someone else from that thread:
He’s here to argue for the sake of arguing. It’s a personality flaw. If there was a post that said we should not finance, he would take the opposite argument just for giggles. These people are quite common on the net.

Funny how false narratives have to be created when their believers are trapped in "information bubbles" and confirmation bias. Pushing falsehoods …
Hit an all time high during 2016-2020.
The above is no different.
This has nothing to do with the thread and exactly why it should be locked. Just because you don’t agree and many don’t agree with you. It’s ok bud, Keep your politics out of it and enjoy v11, it's outstanding.

Very factual, polite and not using caps, yeah
Did you not see the word all in all caps? As for factual...it most certainly is...I prefer v11 over v10...polite...again a definite yes if you take it in context as to the post to which it is replying. You need to improve your comprehension...and you can take that anyway you like!

I've just seen you are from Belgium so perhaps English is not your first language...anyway, you are now ignored!

I'm sure there's a very reasonable explanation for this. Here's 1 possibility:

Old order in same area couldn't take delivery after the car already arrived at the delivery center, so they found a new matching price-increased order to take delivery.

I think this theory can hold as it's not like the late 2020 and early 2021 orders have been skipped, they were the first to take deliveries.
Forget logical explanations…let the hate flow through you! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.