Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep some perspective here.

The Tesla OS isn't a general purpose OS like Microsoft Windows or even IOS.
Windows suffers from major bloat and relies on legacy spaghetti code; IOS is long in the tooth, but Apple does a better job of pruning the legacy crap.
Both seek to accommodate a wide variety of features, functions, and "customer what-ifs".

Tesla runs an application-specific application series, and highly modular code.
What that means is the processing power to run it can be subdivided more efficiently, making the MCU horsepower needs less critical.
This has been a secret to Tesla's ability to 'adapt' when faced with certain component supply issues.

The separate, segmented processing requirements of the MCU make it's selection more flexible. Intel or AMD, they're x86, and Tesla has shown either will suffice.

And again, because of this flexibility, application specificity, and modular code, the lifespan of the "car" is prolonged.
Witness the old MS cars still running well. Yes, they've had to upgrade the FSD proc. But the basic systems are still intact and viable.
Yes, the processing requirements are likely to grow over time. Yes, there's a likelihood of some upgrade needs long term. But they're very manageable.

I realize this goes against the ingrained marketing hype of the last quarter century. That doesn't mean it's wrong.
Man just shut up. You keep spinning and spinning this out. You are WRONG. The AMD RYZEN MCU is orders better than the Intel Atom. Instead of admitting this you wax on about the OS, IOS, Windows, all this other non-related crap.

Seriously...? WTF man?

Oh and I'll add that if anyone wants the AMD MCU, that is their perrogative. Stop telling people what they want like you have some authority on the matter, you don't.

Reactions: lonnielevi
Man just shut up. You keep spinning and spinning this out. You are WRONG. The AMD RYZEN MCU is orders better than the Intel Atom. Instead of admitting this you wax on about the OS, IOS, Windows, all this other non-related crap.

Seriously...? WTF man?

Oh and I'll add that if anyone wants the AMD MCU, that is their perrogative. Stop telling people what they want like you have some authority on the matter, you don't.
If your degree is in Electrical Engineering.....

I'm not telling anyone what they want, just what works, and why.
Regarding prerogatives, it's yours to have whatever you wish, regardless of how uninformed it might be.
But since you've defined your prerogative as the Ryzen, you're insisting everyone else sign on to your estimation of the subject.

So how am I now the one being accused ? Because I'm more open-minded?

• Disagree
Reactions: lonnielevi
If your degree is in Electrical Engineering.....

I'm not telling anyone what they want, just what works, and why.
Regarding prerogatives, it's yours to have whatever you wish, regardless of how uninformed it might be.
But since you've defined your prerogative as the Ryzen, you're insisting everyone else sign on to your estimation of the subject.

So how am I now the one being accused ? Because I'm more open-minded?
I think your perspective, while informed on certain aspects, is short sighted. Knowing how something works and having vision into what might be...don't come hand in hand.

You feel your perspective is correct..it might be..might not. Your examples are poor though..which leads me to believe you don't fully understand what you're talking about....EE Degree? Did you just graduate? Or was it a very long time ago? Because you exhibit both a lack of understanding and a lack of vision at the same time....

Or it could just be poorly thought out example...Either way, I think that anyone KNOWS there is a difference would prefer the Ryzen. Some people would accept the intel for various reasons..but if given a choice, are they going to choose the intel? Would you? I'm not counting the people that don't know there is a difference, which is most buyers..

Hi Guys - this is a for sale thread, if you want to research these coil overs, see what they look like, how they ride - maybe use the search feature? I'm not in sales, nor do I work for the company doing any sort of marketing.

I did not use these, selling them for a friend that had a Y. They were used for maybe 150 miles. I rode in the car once with these with him and all I recall was that they were stiffer than stock as they should be. Sorry I can't be of much more help. I can post photos but why even bother lol. Unless you're worried about a scam or something. Welcome to pick them up locally / see them of course.
If I were your friend I probably would have picked someone better to try and sell them.

He is king butthurt of the Tesla Energy community!
I dunno. He’s got some good company - there’s that one guy who responds to every single thread that mentions PG&E by saying “Pacific Graft and Extortion”.

But really, we should all be pissed. I’m pissed. We’re getting absolutely fleeced. There is no good reason why electricity in California should cost 2-4x what the rest of the country pays, our climate goals (which I support) notwithstanding.

I dunno. He’s got some good company - there’s that one guy who responds to every single thread that mentions PG&E by saying “Pacific Graft and Extortion”.

But really, we should all be pissed. I’m pissed. We’re getting absolutely fleeced. There is no good reason why electricity in California should cost 2-4x what the rest of the country pays, our climate goals (which I support) notwithstanding.
Same here, just not as vocal about it since there isn't really anything I can do besides moving to Santa Clara or elsewhere that PGE doesn't serve.

It will still work just fine, just like older PC's do.
But the internet will make you feel guilty, just like not owning the latest iPhone.

Both the Intel Atom and the AMD Ryzen perform virtually the same instruction set, they're x86 family. The kernels are compatible too. Updates won't be an issue.
ROFL. “Look at me, I can use computer jargon and seem smart, but I don’t actually know what I’m talking about.” GTFO

Reactions: mlambert890
OK genius. Inform us of your brillianace.
Let's keep this adolescent.
Stop spreading misinformation. Just because you can’t understand something with that tiny brain doesn’t make it wrong. You just keep regurgitating the same thing while literally everyone is telling you different. You’ve never lived with the Ryzen (I own both Atom and Ryzen right now) and for some reason you refuse to acknowledge that it is inherently a better processor just because “iNtEl GoOd, AmD bAd, BoTh X86, nO dIFfErEnCe”. Please delete all of your posts and your account. Or better yet, where are the mods allowing this guy to spew this garbage? Stand up and do something, maybe?

How many $50k cars have you driven in the last 12 years? I've leased enough cars just within 1.5 decades to judge what a smooth drive is. I've been driving for over 30 years. I don't give two cents about what other people think - unlike you. Go ahead and post your egocentric opinions so you can argue, as it's really the main goal of your posts here.
Clearly you do care what other people think. Flexing that you’ve owned $50K cars.

Cool story, bro.

If you really want a flex, I sold my Model Y and bought a Refreshed S because of the crappy suspension. Is that a good enough data point for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.