Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the car undrivable? Does it present a significant safety hazard? Or is it just inconvenient while they resolve it?

Ok now that we have that figured out . . . How about chill and let them figure it out. Think of all the Covid 19 issues and get a grip.

Nightmare? Drama . . Pure drama

What a pathetic and sad OP we have here.

Yes, older cars don't perform like new cars, and I'm sorry that Tesla felt it had to cap SC speeds to keep batteries from "lighting up" as we've seen in some videos.

But to replace an EV with a non-EV is unconscionable and just plain evil in light of the facts. Sad that an early adopter would be so petty--he should have just purchased a new MS; we're on our eighth, doing our part to populate the planet with Teslas.

The OP? He or she is either ignorant as all get out, or just doesn't give a damn; let's hope he/she has children. It's going to be a real event when the planetary-scale problem they face, that makes COVID-19 look like a friggin' picnic, has them ask, "Why didn't you do something when you knew what a century of dumping GHG's had done to our planet?!?" The answer, "Well, I did for a few years, but then Tesla slowed down my Supercharger speed a bit in 2019 really pissed me off . . . " is going to sound pathetically stupid and ignorant:

NASA: Climate Change and Global Warming

We're in even deeper trouble than we know if there are too many out there like our clueless OP.

Yes, older cars don't perform like new cars, and I'm sorry that Tesla felt it had to cap SC speeds to keep batteries from "lighting up" as we've seen in some videos.

But to replace an EV with a non-EV is unconscionable and just plain evil in light of the facts. Sad that an early adopter would be so petty--he should have just purchased a new MS; we're on our eighth, doing our part to populate the planet with Teslas.

The OP? He or she is either ignorant as all get out, or just doesn't give a damn; let's hope he/she has children. It's going to be a real event when the planetary-scale problem they face, that makes COVID-19 look like a friggin' picnic, has them ask, "Why didn't you do something when you knew what a century of dumping GHG's had done to our planet?!?" The answer, "Well, I did for a few years, but then Tesla slowed down my Supercharger speed a bit in 2019 really pissed me off . . . " is going to sound pathetically stupid and ignorant:

We're in even deeper trouble than we know if there are too many out there like our clueless OP.
Ok you have had WAY to much coffee while sheltering in place. I’m betting our thread starter did not replace his car with a 1998 Hummer H1. The truth is that an ice car is still a viable option for a number of reasons. In ten years I’m betting the earth will still be here and EVs will be 50% of the market. Change comes just not at the pace some of us would like. Convince me I’m wrong

That’s not nice.

But to replace an EV with a non-EV is unconscionable and just plain evil in light of the facts.

Sorry to OP but I am in agreement with you. For us Tesla is not just a car. It’s a mission. There is fundamentally a war going on. And the attack profile on Elon and Tesla is plenty evidence of that. Tesla employees and family are just people like you and me that are trying to make a diff. And yes they make mistakes. I doubt OP hasn’t screwed up an eye or two. He’d be lying otherwise. Hopefully his clients will follow his suite and dump him and tell everyone not to use him cause he makes mistakes. I think we should preach the thing we are vs want in other people. My family will not go back on Tesla because they try and risk. We support them when they need us even when they falter. I hope OP enjoys his (Mercedes) with gorgeous leather and supple buttons to the touch while spewing poison in the air for all to breath.

• Disagree
Reactions: JulienW and gnelson
Ok you have had WAY to much coffee while sheltering in place. I’m betting our thread starter did not replace his car with a 1998 Hummer H1. The truth is that an ice car is still a viable option for a number of reasons. In ten years I’m betting the earth will still be here and EVs will be 50% of the market. Change comes just not at the pace some of us would like. Convince me I’m wrong
I'm sure it would be difficult to convince you that you're wrong, but it's that attitude that makes your statement correct. The faster we all adopt energy efficient vehicles and renewable energy sources the better off we will all be. It may take a while to have a replacement for all vehicles on the road today, but Tesla has proven that we can replace passenger vehicles and SUVs. Trucks and semis will be next. But that's only about 35% of the problem, the rest will be generating energy from renewables.

You sound really crazy, and kinda dumb.

• Love
Reactions: SSedan
Mod's removed first posting due to too much truth (what they call "snippiness"), so I've removed some material for their gentle eyes.

But to replace an EV with a non-EV is unconscionable and either massively ignorant, or just plain evil, in light of the facts. Shocking that an early adopter would be so unknowing--he should have just purchased a new MS; we're on our eighth, doing our part to populate the planet with Teslas.

Assuming the OP has children, it's going to be a real event when the planetary-scale problem they face, that will make COVID-19 look like a friggin' picnic, has them ask, "Why didn't you do something when you knew what a century+ of dumping GHG's had done to our planet?!?" The answer, "Well, I did for a few years, but then Tesla slowed down my Supercharger speed a bit in 2019 really pissed me off . . . " is going to sound pretty sadly pathetic, no?

As a species, we're in even deeper trouble than we know if there are too many out there like the OP.

This isn't a car, it's a friggin' mission.

Get with the program, please.

"You're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem."
--Eldridge Cleaver
Crazy nutjobs such as you do more harm for the cause they rant about than good.

You’re like that crazy methhead on the freeway off ramp yelling about Jesus and how he stole your clothes and your 401k

I traded my 5 year old Tesla S for a gas Lexus and it's a really amazing car, no regrets. However, I still have another S. When a reliable well built PHEV comes along (cough cough Rav4 Prime or Lexus? hmm) that S may also get traded off. You are nuts, to put it nicely. Stop bagging on the OP. Congrats to the OP on making the right choice (for him). Shame on you, you need to be called out for your terrible choice (posting garbage in this thread).
Someone is clearly confused, hey @TSLA Pilot the pharmacy is NOT closed. You’re still able to get your meds bud!

Talking about C8, I can hardly wait for mine.

It looks like we could start a "March of the Morons" with some of the posters on this thread.

I'm guessing they spend a lot of time watching Faux News and have no clue on these links since Climate Change is a "Chinese Hoax" (as reported by The Orange One himself). Hence the importance for all non-morons to act--keep buying LOTS of EV's, and encourage others to do the same:

climate.nasa.gov

Global Warming Effects

A warming Arctic could cost the world trillions of dollars

News | Huge Cavity in Antarctic Glacier Signals Rapid Decay

Key Point:

Numerical models of ice sheets use a fixed shape to represent a cavity under the ice, rather than allowing the cavity to change and grow. The new discovery implies that this limitation most likely causes those models to underestimate how fast Thwaites is losing ice.

About the size of Florida, Thwaites Glacier is currently responsible for approximately 4 percent of global sea level rise. It holds enough ice to raise the world ocean a little over 2 feet (65 centimeters) and backstops neighboring glaciers that would raise sea levels an additional 8 feet (2.4 meters) if all the ice were lost.

• Funny
Reactions: FoverM
  • Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
Entropy has everything to do with your term, which I still believe is dumb and presents a false perspective, as if something is not working correctly, detracting from a host, etc. These systems are part of the design, not a leech that you've added on your own separate from the plan or intent of the original goal. Losing up to 24 miles over a day isn't that big a deal to me or some. It is to you, that is great. You are welcome to your opinion, just like anyone else is. Am I entitled to mine?

I didn't say you were dumb, although not understanding a car and then leaving it for a period of time, nearly rendering it unusable, is less than optimal. I am glad you didn't strand yourself. That would be embarrassing for a pilot.

I understand you believe there is no difference, based on your experience, when enabling one system but not others. Given the way things have been updated from the 3 to the Y, are you sure about that, or are you applying previous knowledge now and assuming it is correct? Are you a pilot for Tesla, or intimately involved in the design otherwise with inside info or not? I think you see where I am going here...

My original post wasn't directed at you, so please don't take it that way. I appreciate you trying to keep everyone informed and attempting to help them avoid any unintended mistakes.

Thank you.

SS

I got my Y back today, such as quick SUV it’s ridiculous ppl complaining they aren’t hitting 3.5 0-60. That’s fast enough for what it is.

It's not complaining. It's fun trying to get a faster 0-60. I LIKE having a F*&%ing crossover SUV that's faster than most super cars and handles better than most sports cars. This thread is supposed to be fun and informative. Christ. All. Mighty. There is a reason Tesla made a "Performance" version of the Y.

Why the F*&% is it that people just HAVE to post on a thread that has a subject they don't care about, or even worse, they disapprove of the subject??? I'm not talking about you moswissa, I'm talking about every damn thread on this forum that people just HAVE to post on to show they don't care about the subject. To all you people; "GO THE F&^% AWAY AND LET THE REST OF US HAVE FUN WITH OUR CAR! To the people that actually like the Y and enjoy learning about it and making it even better: THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!!

Reactions: Aleks0404
@InternetDude is Canadian. So it's not about 'Merican freedoms. I wouldn't be telling people that they're morons and evil either. Not a single person on this thread agrees with that, including EV owners and people who believe that climate change is real.

I find it interesting that you have virtually the same response whenever someone challenges you.

1) OP is evil, everyone here is a moron, etc
2) Some links about climate change with no direct correlation to EVs or ICEs
3) 1 in 2 chance of "thou shalt not commit logical fallacies".

Wow, here we go again--ad hominem attacks are such a thing here, eh?

1. FACT: The OP had a choice between an evil act, and a non-evil act. He choose the evil act in purchasing an ICE vehicle, a choice that further risks our entire planet's future. This IS a shameful act. Why is this so hard for you and others to comprehend?

2. FACT: Climate Change risks posed by unchecked GHG dumping are profound, yet we do have remarkably unintelligent posters here claiming that this is not the case. They provide no sciential links supporting their absurd position. They too should be shamed.

3. Stay ON TOPIC and stop your ad hominem attacks and you might gain more credibility here.

Please, post somewhere else; here you're just a waste of everyone's time.

Thanks.

(sorry for entering this thread late)
What you are saying is you want to keep health care unreasonably expensive. Sorry but I'd rather those 22 million people lose their jobs and everyone have the same affordable insurance. When everyone has the same insurance that will fix a rampant issue in this country which I'll refer to as "screw you I got mine". Think about it, those 22 million unemployed will have the same insurance as everyone else!

However, we could save those 22 million people's jobs if you want everyone to be taxed to death. But you stated you did not want the high expense.

My father in law was having issues and the insurance company required him to do 6 months of physical therapy before going forward with testing. He died of leukemia 7 months later. That man was like a father to me and for the rest of my life I will give zero shits about insurance companies. And for those that want to talk about government death panels I'll talk about private insurance company death panels like the personal example I listed above.
Uhhhh nope. Not what I said.

Clearly your personal feelings are clouding your ability to be rational.

Status
Not open for further replies.