Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem salty that it's down 25% this year

Why would I be? I bought years ago.

You seem salty you didn't :)

5yr.png

Last edited:
Im pretty sure its NOW going to be "Thats a hit piece" "CR hates Elon" "CNN hates Elon" "Mainstream media is against Tesla!" "The author of the article uses radar for his radar detector, so obviously he's against Elon because Elon uses vision".

There is always an excuse from the fanboys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure its NOW going to be "Thats a hit piece" "CR hates Elon" "CNN hates Elon" "Mainstream media is against Tesla!" "The author of the article uses radar for his radar detector, so obviously he's against Elon because Elon uses vision".

Funny you say that.

BTW, Consumer Reports gets a lot of money from Ford Foundation. Conflict of interest ... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed- you don't' understand the difference between the driving system, and the data been provided to it.

You keep trying to explain a system you admit you have no understanding of.

You're not even self aware enough to realize you admitted it, or be embarrassed by the fact you keep trying to do it anyway.
Oh, I understand quite well, and if you bothered to read my reply then you’d know that. I also understand the difference between the program working as designed and the program giving acceptable results, something you can’t seem to grasp. If the algorithm is working perfectly but the car isn’t, then you’ve got a bad algorithm. See the difference? It’s not that tough!

I'd classify that as faulty map.

As I've been saying they need a way for us to quickly and reliably be able to make changes to the map. That will solve such issues.
Technically, yes. If you want to be more nuanced then you can say the algorithm design is faulty. Ultimately, to give acceptable results, both the algorithm and the data it uses need to be reliable. If either one of those conditions fail you end up with ‘garbage out’

Oh, I understand quite well, and if you bothered to read my reply then you’d know that.

Not only did I read it-it confirmed you don't understand

You literally told that to anybody who does with what you wrote.

If the algorithm is working perfectly but the car isn’t, then you’ve got a bad algorithm. See the difference? It’s not that tough!

Except that is factually wrong

I guess we can add "algorithm" to the words you keep using without understanding.

Let me go back to the plumbing example.

If you connect a tank of paint to the inlet on your dishwasher, then turn on the dishwasher-- when your dishes come out with paint on them- do you blame the dishwasher?

Apparently you do.

But nobody who knows how anything works does. They blame the incorrect thing being given to the dishwasher as an input.

It's NOT that tough- yet you keep getting it wrong.

In case you remain confused by this example- the dishwasher is the algorithm, the incorrect database speed limit is the paint.

Those are different and separate things

Technically, yes. If you want to be more nuanced then you can say the algorithm design is faulty.

No, you can't say that either.

Unless you don't know what algorithm means.

Which you are making increasingly clear you don't.

The algorithm is working exactly right

It's written to set the driving speed to the speed limit (or the speed limit plus an offset, if you set one).

Which it does. Perfectly.

The problem is the speed limit database.

Which has nothing to do with the algorithm

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: dbldwn02 and Sporty
Which has nothing to do with the algorithm
for the love of God, I can't believe I have to explain this to you again. The algorithm uses the database. The database is wrong so the algorithm gets it wrong.

At the point I'm taking Mark Twain's advice (that I was admittedly too slow to take a long time ago).

@knitshade/ignore

for the love of God, I can't believe I have to explain this to you again.

You haven't, correctly, explained it even once.

The algorithm uses the database. The database is wrong so the algorithm gets it wrong.

This is fundamentally, factually, wrong.

It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the basic technology at work.

The algorithms entire job is to drive at what it is told the speed limit is

Which is does perfectly

There is literally nothing to fix in the algorithm. The problem can not be solved doing anything, at all, to the algorithm.

Your insistence otherwise is yet another proof you don't even understand what the word you keep using means.

You didn't even understand the dishwasher analogy and that was incredibly dumbed down.

Here's about as simple as I can make this without crayons for you:

If you want to know what 2+2 is.

But what you actually type into the calculator is 1+1

And you get a result of 2.

It's not the calculator that is wrong.

But you keep insisting it is.

That's how far off from reality your understanding of this is.

Last edited:

So are you saying the CNBC video was unbiased and balanced teporting?

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Yes, but we're also in a dynamic and artificial situation. Tesla was an (extremely) early leader in EV development and earned a justifiable reputation for being the leader. They also have that image so when they introduced their more mainstream models 3 and Y people naturally gravitated towards them.

How is that "artificial"? Are you using words you don't understand again?

Tesla still has one of the best EV platforms on the market, but they are having issues with quality control and service

Weird they remain #1 in owner satisfaction in both CR and JD Powers surveys on the topic then huh?

. Many other car companies are entering the market with strong offerings. Tesla already has some competition and it will get stronger.

THE COMPETITION IS COMING has been the claim for 10 years now.

Where is it?

Ford sold a whole 27,140 Mach Es last year in the US. That's about what Tesla sells in 1 month.

Over at GM they aren't even selling electric cars at all right now... they'll sell you a $100,000 monstrosity in the 9000+ lb hummer, but that's not competition for anything.

Toyota still thinks hydrogen cars are going to be a thing (it's not).

Honda is hoping to introduce an EV...in a couple of years... by having GM (who again sells 0 today) make it.

Kia/Hyundai DO actually have some pretty decent offerings. Just they're offering them in vastly smaller amounts than Tesla can produce.

VW has a single model in the US, the ID.4. They didn't quite sell 17,000 of em in 2021... even worse than Ford did with the Mach E.

As I said- [B}every[/B] good EV that [B}everyone[/B] makes will have no problem selling. For years to come. But nobody is producing (or scaling) at near the rate Tesla is to supply those. And even they can't keep up with demand.

New EVs aren't "competiting" with Tesla. They're competing with ICE vehicles. Which Tesla does not sell.

That is part of why legacy auto is slow-walking this... Since their EVs are very low profit (or no profit in some cases) they literally can't afford to make too many of them too soon. Tesla has no such constraints.

no, but many have implemented systems that are much closer to flawless. I've repeatedly mentioned my experience with our 2020 Subaru Forester

Yes, and then when I cited numerous 2020 Forrester owners who DID have phantom braking or AEB problems- you told us their anecdotes are irrelevant.

You never explained why THEIRS are irrelevant-- but yours is so relevant you keep repeating the same one

t unless a system is perfect it will have false activations. Simply posting a random report of an AEB activation is both meaningless and irrelevant to the discussion about TACC phantom braking

Then why do you keep reposting your claim your Subaru was "perfect" despite numerous reports from other others it's not?

Especially weird you keep trying to insist on the AEB/TACC distinction when it was specifically cited to you other brands had complaints involving both systems yet you keep pretending the other brands only have AEB problems.

Is this another example of you continuing to post while proudly never reading anyone elses posts to realize they keep proving your claims wrong?

Why is everything a "threat" to Tesla fanboys? Lol...are they on constant high alert or what? I don't get it. In daily life and driving, the two cars are practically the same in metrics and few will care to even notice the difference. What will stand out between the two are how they feel, how they drive, how they look, and what sort of customer service they will receive when things go wrong. Those are what people experience on a daily basis...not threats.
I love the BMW fanboy calling out Tesla fanboys on a Tesla forum….

Status
Not open for further replies.