Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how many customers Tesla lost from removing parking sensors,
I think that’s the reality of any business even if Tesla continues to take all the feedback from customers and do the reasonable thing customers want. Elon himself stated if you keep producing and selling more and more the planet can’t bear the weight - not literally but figuratively speaking. So losing customers and gaining new ones is a cycle they have to go thro. But stalkless Tesla is not the end of Tesla as some of the members keep banging on here.

Not you but some forum members are🗣️
There might have been punctual comments like that (although I can’t recall any) but my impression is that the majority of us “non-believers” admit the cars are very good, Highland will sell very well, Tesla are still one of the best EV offerings out there but stalkless is a moronic decision.

Tesla are still one of the best EV offerings out there but stalkless is a moronic decision.

Its very much a personal opinion hence it would not matter whether I agreed with this own not, but I would go as far as saying its a very bold and provocative move on Teslas part.

For me personally, I its still the best car for the money ALL bad and good things considered and having had to deal with again dealerships for another make in regards to issues is yet another reason not to jump boat in the future.

ts still the best car for the money
You're probably right, you do get a long of bang for your buck.
Personally, though, the minimalistic language in the interior and the push for automation is starting to grate so were I in the market for another EV (which I'm not, I'm hoping to keep my M3 for a long time) I'd be taking a good look at "traditional" manufacturers.
Might still end up buying a Tesla, mind you! ;)

You're probably right, you do get a long of bang for your buck.
Personally, though, the minimalistic language in the interior and the push for automation is starting to grate so were I in the market for another EV (which I'm not, I'm hoping to keep my M3 for a long time) I'd be taking a good look at "traditional" manufacturers.
Might still end up buying a Tesla, mind you! ;)

Yes one must never say never but at present (for me at least) it is what it is.

Maybe because I dont care about FSD or use AP much, never find the need to be fiddling with buttons etc insulates me from allot of the frustrations some have.

I don’t think Tesla are arsed if we like the stalks or not. For 8 years my wipers have been tripe. Still no rain sensors and still tripe. Nobody is listening 🙉
Only sales figures and complaints framed as the reason for not buying something will change that, not complaints from owners.

I wonder what the catalyst was for adding a powered boot to the M3 in late 2020. Obviously they felt they needed to do this for some reason, but I don’t remember it being complained about to the same extent as the wipers etc are.

That’s because you have no intent to look away from Tesla. If you did, you would find something tempting

A bit presumptuous? Do you realise it's quite possible they've looked at the thread with an interest in seeing what alternatives are out there and decided they aren't tempted by any of them? Good for you if you are, but not everyone will be.

Reactions: Js1977 and Drew57
Perhaps Tesla should put the indicators on the touch screen as well. At least they wouldn’t move. Is putting them on the steering wheel the dumbest thing they’ve done - must be close.
Until the next holiday update where the indicator buttons are taken off the main screen and put into a sub-menu. And an auto-blinker feature is introduced that only guesses correctly about 60% of the time. Just like the seat heaters :)

Go on then - who's bought it?

Full review and pics when you've done.

Noticed it was showing one in stock originally, now out of stock.
I think I bought the last one, but it's on its way back to Tessories now. It's slightly too high so distorts the dash line a bit making it into a gentle little upward curve. You can also see the sides and the cable during daylight. Not a great experience. So, I just bought (and have now fitted) one of these:

1704568963432.png

Easy to fit and does what's needed. I bought it from AliExpress. £65 shipped from China. Arrived in just over a week.

Reactions: HenryT and Js1977
Unless you push the boundaries, challenge convention, or ride roughshod over the old dogma, you don't get innovation. Some will be more successful, will allow investment or will make a product more accessible to a wider by keeping costs down, others won't, but unless you try you will never know. I like the Tesla ethos - challenge convention.