Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don’t like that Sawyer Merritt guy, or any insanely sycophantic Musk fanboys really.

“More premium sounding door thunk” is scraping the barrel a bit.

That said, it is overall a decent list of changes.
It’s a nice list of new features. What stands out to me though is what it doesn’t have: indicator stalks!
Not good for a country with roundabouts. I think this will be a showstopper for some people….

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
i wonder how long until someone has a rear screen transplanted into an older car or a Y. I know there are third party ones but I’d prefer not to install some random Android installation! Is this the first main stream (not a Ferrari) car with indicators on the wheel?

i wonder how long until someone has a rear screen transplanted into an older car or a Y. I know there are third party ones but I’d prefer not to install some random Android installation! Is this the first main stream (not a Ferrari) car with indicators on the wheel?
If Tesla offered a rear screen for existing cars I would consider getting it. Depending on price of course.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Seems very strange to me given it’s available in China. Wouldn’t this car be coming from there too? Are the fancy paint colours now available there?
Pretty sure it’ll be to do with rolling for RHD. Australia showing next year.

Attachments

• IMG_2236.png
    IMG_2236.png
    604.9 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Adopado
Big fan of the revised interior, looks very well!

Exterior wise, not keen on the front but the rear is an improvement

Overall, very disappointed there's no release date for us. Australia has it up for Jan to march '24 so it's Q2 at best here
If the Shanghai factory is now only producing the Highland how are Tesla going to satisfy immediate demand for the 3 in the UK?
Seems a bit of a strange strategy to have the UK waiting 6 months.

Only (noticeable?) difference between SR and LR according to the Dutch configurator is the number of speakers: 9 in the SR and 17 in the LR plus two subwoofers and two amplifiers.

Both versions seem to have ambient lighting, ventilated seats and the rear screen. Also no more fog lights in the front to distinguish the versions.

Reactions: SR-Plus
Only (noticeable?) difference between SR and LR according to the Dutch configurator is the number of speakers: 9 in the SR and 17 in the LR plus two subwoofers and two amplifiers.

Both versions seem to have ambient lighting, ventilated seats and the rear screen. Also no more fog lights in the front to distinguish the versions.

Only other thing I noticed is if you look at the black interior, LR still looks like alcantara on the door cards, while RWD looks to be some nasty fabric or something...

High3.png

If the Shanghai factory is now only producing the Highland how are Tesla going to satisfy immediate demand for the 3 in the UK?
Seems a bit of a strange strategy to have the UK waiting 6 months.
Maybe the UK market will be starved for a while, increasing resale values. My 2022 Model with stalks and parking sensors will be a prized item.