Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I changed my spec to a P3...

SaloonGoon

Nov 12, 2019
Bay Area
Hello all,

I originally ordered a LR AWD, and after some back and forth with my id, I decided to quit being a cheap ass and changed my spec to a P model.

My order date was 10/18, and like everyone else was quoted a 6-10 week delivery window. Should I be concerned that I just delayed it further by making this change? I have no vin yet.

Cheers!!!

SaloonGoon

Nov 12, 2019
Bay Area

dwang02

Oct 17, 2019
Central Coast, CA
Hello all,

I originally ordered a LR AWD, and after some back and forth with my id, I decided to quit being a cheap ass and changed my spec to a P model.

My order date was 10/18, and like everyone else was quoted a 6-10 week delivery window. Should I be concerned that I just delayed it further by making this change? I have no vin yet.

Cheers!!!
I'm really tempted to change my order (10/16 LR AWD) to a P, but was also concerned about that causing me to lose my place in line and possibly not get the car this year.

joeypt

Sep 6, 2019
Bay Area, CA
I went back and forth quite a bit. My SA told me that any changes I made will push me to the back of the line. Either way Tesla pumps out cars at the end of quarter like crazy so I'd guess your wait would be the same either way.

SaloonGoon

Nov 12, 2019
Bay Area
I settled, when I bought my last car. Gotta supercharged Mustang, instead of a Z06. I’m not settling again

I’ll just have to look at it like a late Xmas early NY’s gift : )

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC