TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

So I got my car back from service and the app is stuck in "Vehicle in Service"

Discussion in 'Model S' started by RichardD, Feb 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Not quite...it's been a widespread issue as of late according to my service guy: "Mobile App Remote Access is OFF" (when it's not)

• Informative x 1
  2. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

Tried with no luck, but thanks for trying.

3. RichardD

Tried the deep reboot no luck.

Thanks for trying.. The problem didn't correct itself overnight so I will place a call this morning to see if they can fix it over the air.

4. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

There's your problem. You really should've procured a goat and gone all in, man. :)

Seriously, I have no advice, but I hope it's resolved soon. In the meantime, I'm interested to see what the final solution is, in case this ever happens again.

• Like x 1
  5. RichardD

This mornings update. Still down, car is in this mode:
    IMG_8404.PNG
    Called Tesla to see if there was an update and was told it has something to do with a work order not fully closing? Then it could take a few days to clear itself up. I should have the ability to report this to the app for feedback, but I don't think anything is wrong with the app. The tech went on to say it is all automated now and is managed by a different group and they will try and get that information. I feel bad that is is happening, but in context like i have said before its just a feature, and it doesn't stop me from enjoying the ride. I just can't summon her, or climate control her yet. I was so looking forward to the new version of the app, and was bragging to the wife.. Now I have egg on my face.. ha ha.. won't be the last time, I am sure. I will post updates.

They did say it is happening to others too, and it affected one of their service loaners. It took 3 days to clear up on its own.

Happy motoring from Texas.

• Informative x 3
  6. Dansblum

Dansblum Member

I got my Model X back yesterday from service, same issue. I called today, they said the work order is closed....but I logged out of the app, restarted the phone, and did a deep reboot on the car. All still unsuccessful. I will call in to tech support tomorrow I think...if I get any resolution I'll post it here.

• Like x 1
  7. whitex

whitex Active Member

Seems you finally found genuinely new app functionality (this message rathe than just not be able to connect). It does sound like something on the server, rather than the car, end. It sound similar to how we were unable to control a new car until the MyTesla page car status transitioned to delivered (which depends on when your DS finalizes all paperwork).

• Like x 1
  8. RichardD

I talked with tech support again, they told me it was being escalated, as the senior tech wanted to make sure my car was not in the service center's geo-fence. Also wanted to confirm that the car was accurately registering a GPS signal. Still no luck this morning.

9. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

Just curious, if you downgrade to the older version are you hit with the same error?

10. RichardD

Good question, I can certainly try that but all indications at this point are that it is a bug in the back end of the API that is not closing the work orders associated with the vehicle. The technician at Tesla Houston North indicated several other vehicles have the same issue and wanted me to make sure I was on Ver3 of the app.

11. RichardD

Just spoke with service again, they are still not sure what is going on. I tried the app again, and it connected right up, shows my location and status.. So it is working. I have seen a few other posts that it could break again, so I am hoping that is not the case.

Thanks everyone for the efforts, and lets hope this is not a recurring theme for service visits.

All the best from Texas,
    Richard

• Informative x 1
  12. Dansblum

Dansblum Member

When I called the service depth they insisted they closed out the order. I was going to call tech support, after restarting both the app, phone, and car did not resolve....but the next day it just started working again. Go figure

• Informative x 1
  13. RichardD

The service rep called me when it was all done and apologized. They said the bug has been identified, but that it takes about 24 hours to clear. So I was just patient 0.. ha ha well I hope no one else has to go through this, especially after you tell your wife just how cool this app is.. :)

14. nigelboid

nigelboid Member

Hi Richard,

Would you mind sharing your service rep's number and name? My service rep still has not figured it out nor has called me back.

Thanks!
    Igor

• Like x 1
  15. RichardD

Of course, I dealt with Houston Tesla North Christina Martinez 877-798-3752. She was an absolute pleasure to work with. So far everyone I have worked with at Tesla has gone out of their way to help.

• Like x 1
  16. JeremyM

JeremyM New Member

I picked up my S on Friday and have the same issue. Hope the solution becomes more widespread.

In Texas too BTW, but in Dallas

• Informative x 1
  17. C_A_Braun

C_A_Braun Meet Voodoo, Our S75.

Had ours in for service on Friday. On Saturday I called service due to this same issue. They told me they would verify that the work order was closed and that it should be fine in about an hour. About 30 minutes later they called me back to report that it was a server problem on their end and that they should have it resolved by today (Monday). App still not working as of a few minutes ago so I called them back. Now they are saying it could be up to a week before they can resolve the problems on their end and I have access back to the app.

Burbank Svc Ctr.

• Informative x 1
  18. RichardD

One issue I see that is still persisting, the app does not recognize that I changed the name it still shows model S. I know they had some API issues Sunday so perhaps its just waiting to catch up? Sorry to see others are affected and this is a more wide spread issue.

19. C_A_Braun

C_A_Braun Meet Voodoo, Our S75.

Update: Just received e-mail with invoice from our maintenance last Friday. Figured that meant that the repair order had been properly closed. So I checked the app and sure enough we are connected and fully functional, as we should be.

• Like x 1