Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I got my car back from service and the app is stuck in "Vehicle in Service"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Richard. Try the deep reboot. Sit in the car, foot on the brake, hold it. using the scroll wheels, reboot the car. This is a more thorough reboot than the normal "just the scroll wheels".
Tried the deep reboot no luck.

Thanks for trying.. The problem didn't correct itself overnight so I will place a call this morning to see if they can fix it over the air.

This mornings update. Still down, car is in this mode:
IMG_8404.PNG

Called Tesla to see if there was an update and was told it has something to do with a work order not fully closing? Then it could take a few days to clear itself up. I should have the ability to report this to the app for feedback, but I don't think anything is wrong with the app. The tech went on to say it is all automated now and is managed by a different group and they will try and get that information. I feel bad that is is happening, but in context like i have said before its just a feature, and it doesn't stop me from enjoying the ride. I just can't summon her, or climate control her yet. I was so looking forward to the new version of the app, and was bragging to the wife.. Now I have egg on my face.. ha ha.. won't be the last time, I am sure. I will post updates.

They did say it is happening to others too, and it affected one of their service loaners. It took 3 days to clear up on its own.

Happy motoring from Texas.

I got my Model X back yesterday from service, same issue. I called today, they said the work order is closed....but I logged out of the app, restarted the phone, and did a deep reboot on the car. All still unsuccessful. I will call in to tech support tomorrow I think...if I get any resolution I'll post it here.

Reactions: RichardD
Seems you finally found genuinely new app functionality (this message rathe than just not be able to connect). It does sound like something on the server, rather than the car, end. It sound similar to how we were unable to control a new car until the MyTesla page car status transitioned to delivered (which depends on when your DS finalizes all paperwork).

I got my Model X back yesterday from service, same issue. I called today, they said the work order is closed....but I logged out of the app, restarted the phone, and did a deep reboot on the car. All still unsuccessful. I will call in to tech support tomorrow I think...if I get any resolution I'll post it here.
I talked with tech support again, they told me it was being escalated, as the senior tech wanted to make sure my car was not in the service center's geo-fence. Also wanted to confirm that the car was accurately registering a GPS signal. Still no luck this morning.

Just curious, if you downgrade to the older version are you hit with the same error?
Good question, I can certainly try that but all indications at this point are that it is a bug in the back end of the API that is not closing the work orders associated with the vehicle. The technician at Tesla Houston North indicated several other vehicles have the same issue and wanted me to make sure I was on Ver3 of the app.

Just spoke with service again, they are still not sure what is going on. I tried the app again, and it connected right up, shows my location and status.. So it is working. I have seen a few other posts that it could break again, so I am hoping that is not the case.

Thanks everyone for the efforts, and lets hope this is not a recurring theme for service visits.

All the best from Texas,
Richard

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
The service rep called me when it was all done and apologized. They said the bug has been identified, but that it takes about 24 hours to clear. So I was just patient 0.. ha ha well I hope no one else has to go through this, especially after you tell your wife just how cool this app is.. :)

The service rep called me when it was all done and apologized. They said the bug has been identified, but that it takes about 24 hours to clear. So I was just patient 0.. ha ha well I hope no one else has to go through this, especially after you tell your wife just how cool this app is.. :)

Hi Richard,

Would you mind sharing your service rep's number and name? My service rep still has not figured it out nor has called me back.

Thanks!
Igor

Had ours in for service on Friday. On Saturday I called service due to this same issue. They told me they would verify that the work order was closed and that it should be fine in about an hour. About 30 minutes later they called me back to report that it was a server problem on their end and that they should have it resolved by today (Monday). App still not working as of a few minutes ago so I called them back. Now they are saying it could be up to a week before they can resolve the problems on their end and I have access back to the app.

Burbank Svc Ctr.

• Informative
One issue I see that is still persisting, the app does not recognize that I changed the name it still shows model S. I know they had some API issues Sunday so perhaps its just waiting to catch up? Sorry to see others are affected and this is a more wide spread issue.

Update: Just received e-mail with invoice from our maintenance last Friday. Figured that meant that the repair order had been properly closed. So I checked the app and sure enough we are connected and fully functional, as we should be.

Had ours in for service on Friday. On Saturday I called service due to this same issue. They told me they would verify that the work order was closed and that it should be fine in about an hour. About 30 minutes later they called me back to report that it was a server problem on their end and that they should have it resolved by today (Monday). App still not working as of a few minutes ago so I called them back. Now they are saying it could be up to a week before they can resolve the problems on their end and I have access back to the app.

Burbank Svc Ctr.

Reactions: Reekdog