Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I received a HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last sentence: "I didn’t purchase FSD so it is just normal Autopilot at this point."
And? Is this a poke at OP? Nobody yet know what subtle differences may be present with HW3 on AP proper. Running full resolution video and being able to process more data faster could lead to less frantic on off power when TACC for instance. Who wants to give Elon credit for being on time - there have been a few lately:)

And? Is this a poke at OP? Nobody yet know what subtle differences may be present with HW3 on AP proper. Running full resolution video and being able to process more data faster could lead to less frantic on off power when TACC for instance. Who wants to give Elon credit for being on time - there have been a few lately:)

I was responding to someone who asked if OP purchased FSD with their order. I pointed out the OP already said: "I didn’t purchase FSD so it is just normal Autopilot at this point." While I have plenty of opinions on HW3, FSD, and timelines, that post didn't include any. :)

So, to my surprise when plugging in my Vehicle Spec into ev-cpo.com’s Tesla option decoder tool, I recieved this:

APH4 AP 3.0

Which is the new HW3.0 if I’m not mistaken!

For my 100D that was just finished manufacturing on Friday and was delivered today from the Fremont factory. So... I am not going to tear apart the car for everyone’s amusement. I don’t notice really anything different versus my prior HW2.5 so what, if, anything should I look for? I didn’t purchase FSD so it is just normal Autopilot at this point.

Do you mind sharing the last six digits of your VIN for reference? Even the three digits preceding the final three would be helpful info. Thanks!

For example, if VIN ends in 153245, share 153.

Before delivery, go to your Tesla page and there will be a box called “View Spec”. Copy the URL link that it uses to create the PDF and then go to :

https://www.ev-cpo.com/hunter/?lookup

And then paste it there. You will see the breakdown of your option codes. Note that once the vehicle is delivered you can no longer get the spec so make sure to save it.

Thanks for the link. anyone knows if I get HW2.5 and buy FSD for 5K - will I get a free HW upgrade to HW3?

So I have a APH4 and HW3 brand new Model X delivered last week. The downside of the new hardware is the firmware is 2019.5.17... so no Sentry nor Dashcam features. They are probably writing that software for the new CPU?

Congrats on the new vehicle! Yeah, I haven’t received a firmware update yet so it looks like we may be stuck on the 2019.5.17 for a while. :/