Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So sick of the negativity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About the glovebox though, I open it every day, on some days several times. For example, among other things, my "Parkscheibe" ("parking disc", don't know if there is such a thing in the US) is in there which I need every time I park somewhere where its use is mandatory. It's very handy because it means free parking after all.

I assume this is something you prefer to keep locked in the glovebox? Cause Model 3 has good storage in the center console as well. I still think that you won't mind the 2 taps on the screen for glovebox. It does have a dedicated button in the lower left corner of the "quick controls" window, so it's easy to access. Easy enough that I'd be comfortable opening it while driving, which is something I'd never try with a traditional glovebox.

Everywhere you look and everywhere you hear so much negativity about Tesla. Seems like everyone is predicting it’s demise or whining about a lack of a feature. I’m going on the record to say I just got my model 3 yesterday and so far I love EVERYTHING about it. Panel gaps? Nope! Paint defects? Nope! Scratches on the center console? Nope! Problems with phone as a key? Nope! works Everytime.
That’s the problem with forums such as these they bring out the outliers, the few with unusual problems or the trolls. Well I’m hear to say that the model 3 I got was everything I want and more.

Everywhere you look and everywhere you hear so much negativity about Tesla. Seems like everyone is predicting it’s demise or whining about a lack of a feature. I’m going on the record to say I just got my model 3 yesterday and so far I love EVERYTHING about it. Panel gaps? Nope! Paint defects? Nope! Scratches on the center console? Nope! Problems with phone as a key? Nope! works Everytime.
That’s the problem with forums such as these they bring out the outliers, the few with unusual problems or the trolls. Well I’m hear to say that the model 3 I got was everything I want and more.

I’ve given about 30 test rides to engineers and tech geeks. Many had read negative info. Fun to see 50-year old men literally unable to stop giggling. With the exception of one holdout for even better future tech, all want one. About 1/3 are planning/scheming to make it happen ASAP. This is the best answer to negativity. Spread the reality!

I assume this is something you prefer to keep locked in the glovebox? Cause Model 3 has good storage in the center console as well.

I like to keep my interior as uncluttered as possible, and the glovebox is the handiest place in my car for said disc and several other items. If the Model 3 happens to have similarly handy hidden storage in the center console, I of course wouldn't mind using that instead. Can't wait to get my hands on a Model 3 to try it out firsthand. Tried to get in touch with the company that rents out a Model 3 in Germany, but unfortunately they haven't gotten back to me yet.

I like to keep my interior as uncluttered as possible, and the glovebox is the handiest place in my car for said disc and several other items. If the Model 3 happens to have similarly handy hidden storage in the center console, I of course wouldn't mind using that instead. Can't wait to get my hands on a Model 3 to try it out firsthand. Tried to get in touch with the company that rents out a Model 3 in Germany, but unfortunately they haven't gotten back to me yet.
There are 4 concealed storage areas in console.

Thinking about it, I don’t understand why we still have glove compartments. Now that most cars have center consoles with storage, they seem obsolete. And, another bunch of parts and complexity that could be avoided. Of course if Tesla had deleted, then we’d have another dozen threads :)

Reactions: T34ME
Here in New England, electricity is primarily generated from natural gas, so technically some of us driving EVs using NG electricity are also leeching off the Marcellus Formation.

people who sling mud like that generally aren't informed, and likely are not open to being informed. They believe what they want to believe. I would hope we EV adopters don't stoop to their level.

It's been proven that the environmental impact of EV manufacture is well-offset by the efficiency of that car's lifetime. The long tailpipe is a myth. The problem is EV marketing often push catchphrases like "emissions free." Clearly there is still environmental impact. It's not zero. It's just less than an ICE. People who claim that EVs cause more environmental damage than ICE are not informed.

And things are only getting better for EVs. Electricity is getting cleaner by the day. Battery longevity is also improving. Tesla is already posting awesome longevity numbers. Recycling techniques are improving. Battery capacity will improve. EVs are inevitable. People who cannot see that either have no ounce of vision, or they are blinded by their current belief system. Change is hard.

This if not the first post of yours that I feel like I could have written myself. Should you find yourself in Denver, beers are on me.

When people refer to TESLA as most shorted stock, they never mention it as just the amounted of money.

Yes , I’m still correct as I was referring to short float percentage.

Of course , who care about the total amount of money being shorted. Nobody ever refer to that on stock market or that would drive or affect how stock perform. Short squeeze only happen if your stock has large percentage of float being short
This just proves the point. Negative news toward Tesla from any twist possible. Reading the news, one would think Tesla is going bankrupt.

Reactions: Mobius484
I am living a dream. I have a ‘12 MS P85 and a M3 RWD (wife’s car). We don’t have to stop at the gas station! We have been on many trips. The cars have been great. Yeah, there are some issues, but the overall experience is exceptional.

I still find it hard to explain the life changing effects driving an EV has. I refer to it as flip phone vs. iPhone. There were hardcore flip phone believers. It was convenient to open the phone and just talk. But the iPhone opened up a whole new world of possibility -fast texting, internet access, apps, etc., etc.).
I have learned you can only encourage people you meet to learn a little at a time and plant a seed to want to learn more. I have also decided to put more time into kids, teens, college age, and 20 something. They represent future buyers. In general, they are very enthusiastic! The older crowd 40+ are either apathetic or combative (not all, but probably over 50%).

This is a journey, not a one time transaction. The negative news/posters either view Tesla as a wasted simple business venture or fear the change they are bringing about.

I have learned you can only encourage people you meet to learn a little at a time and plant a seed to want to learn more. I have also decided to put more time into kids, teens, college age, and 20 something. They represent future buyers. In general, they are very enthusiastic! The older crowd 40+ are either apathetic or combative (not all, but probably over 50%).

Future buyers may not be buying :)

Haha! Perhaps a better way to state what s/he said was "the older crowd tends to be more set in their ways." :)
Um...what?!? o_O

Bruce.

m01100.gif