Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So... what base + options combo are you going to order eventually?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated config

Since the Sig ordering process is well underway, all pricing aspects are known and folks had a chance to see colors etc. in the design studio and some in person, thought I'll revive this.

My updated config:

Base:
85 kWh - $77,400 before fed tax credit (my wife gave me a b'day gift today and approved the upgrade from 60 kWh - yippee!! I'm going to stretch the budget to nosebleed level now!)

Options:
Metallic Paint (Blue) - $750
Black Roof - No cost
19" wheels - No cost
Nappa Leather (Gray/Piano Black) - $1,500
Tech Package - $3,750
Sound System - $950

Destination and Prep fee:
$1,170

Subtotal:
$85,520

Calif. taxes and fees:
$8,129

Total:
$93,649

I desperately need the $7,500 fed credit and hopefully, the $2,500 from Calif. CVRP (where almost $5.5 million are still left even if not renewed/replenished beyond June this year).

This is probably the most expensive car I'll EVER buy, but I gotta have it.

Base:
60 kWh - $59,900

Options:
Metallic Paint (Green) - $750
Pano Roof - $1500
19" wheels - nothing
Standard Sound System - $0.00 (it's already got a 200w, 7 speaker system!)
Nappa Leather (Tan/Banana Leaf) - $1500
Tech Package - $3,750
Single Charger - zilch $
Destination / Delivery Charge - $1200?+?

Hope that Arizona still doesn't have sales tax for EV's when it arrives!

I don't want to add this up! #1312

Cut/Paste from one of the old modified spreadsheets. I added a few comments for why.

85kwH Sig Perf Signature Red -- my wife likes the Red, my mother says get the Sig, and I'm too impatient to wait for production. (Sig #592)
All Glass Panoramic Roof -- have enjoyed sunroofs I've had so far.
21" Performance Wheels & Tires -- just like the Silver rims better than the gray
Black Nappa Leather
Lacewood Décor Accents -- the accents are actually the hardest decision, I think the black looks pretty nice for right now. Might go Piano Black Accents instead.
Tech Package
580 Watt Sound Studio Package (12 speakers)
Active Air Suspension
No Rear Facing Seats
Parcel Shelf
Twin Chargers - 20 kW on-board
High Power Wall Connector -- just putting one in the garage now and hope to replace the 2010 Jetta TDI with a Gen III in a few years.

$117,911.31 $110,411.31 after the $7500 credit

I'm still shocked that I'm going that large in price, but figure I'll enjoy this car for 15 years at least. Had my first new car ever for 18 years, so I'm thinking the Sig is nice enough to go for that long. The CA $2500 credit will be nice too.

I think I'll have them keep the Sport spoiler off the back too.

I'm going to go with a fully loaded Performance S. Not sure of color: I like gray, silver and blue with black leather-red piping/cf/dark performance 21" wheels. Out the door $103,500.

Now, Sig Perf, P. White, bk leather, CF $110,000

Last edited:
An update to my post from December because my car changed:
Signature Red
21" Wheels (considering aero wheels if they do not look as bad as some of the samples)
Rear Child Seats
Pano roof
HPC for home
Minus my deposit it looks like I have to come up with another $67,817 + destination fee for a total of $107,817.
On a side note, my config had I not upgraded to Sig would have an additional $91,180 for a total of $96,180.
So my signature tax is over 11k more because it has options I would not normally have chosen. But, I do get it sooner :)