Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been thinking a lot about the 'patent release' recently. Since this may spark a spirit of at least some cooperation between Tesla and some other auto makers, what do form members think 'the market' will do to TSLA price if it is announced that MB or BMW are consudering collaberating on some EV projects...small (sharing some tech) or large ( joint GF or car)?

I've been thinking a lot about the 'patent release' recently. Since this may spark a spirit of at least some cooperation between Tesla and some other auto makers, what do form members think 'the market' will do to TSLA price if it is announced that MB or BMW are consudering collaberating on some EV projects...small (sharing some tech) or large ( joint GF or car)?

Seems to me that tsla price action relative to news events has become muted. I am convinced the next catalyst will be concrete news on Gigafactory partnerships.

Seems to me that tsla price action relative to news events has become muted. I am convinced the next catalyst will be concrete news on Gigafactory partnerships.

Or the unveiling of the Model X. I'm not sure which will come first. From the hints that Elon has been dropping I have a feeling that many of us may be left wanting to trade in our S's for the X. (And I'm a SUV hater too.)

I was online at 6:30 PDT, when the market opened. I was expecting a mild price rise, but had some other stocks I wanted to get into. I wish I'd gone with my gut and bought short term options in TSLA early! I eventually got some 220s when the stock was up 3.5%. I think we're getting some institutional buying, with them having come back from Memorial Day vacations and absorbing the mood around the patent move and BMW talks. Enough of this will trigger a bit of short covering; probably not a real squeeze, but enough to put upward pressure on the stock. Anyway, so far my strategy is working. The trick will be to get back out of those options at the right time.

Rather than the patent announcement, I suspect the pop in price is related to the Model X update announcement that was sent to reservation holders. It confirmed they are going to produce the car as promised, but better, starting with prototypes in the fall.
It also promises more updates "in the coming months" so I think this constitutes confirmation that the car is on schedule - the latest schedule. It's a good reason to see a pop in stock price.

Last edited: