Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the Gigafactory was producing cells that are physically larger (10% in height, 10% in diameter) than the 18650s used in the Model S / X. How would ramping the Gigafactory up earlier expand capacity for the Model S / X? Would they redesign the battery pack for the larger cell? Would there then be some Model S / X vehicles with the 18650 and some with the larger format battery?
Agree with Johan. ISTR seeing pix of battery winding machines, and got the impression that it's very easy to change form factor: just load a different set of foils, adjust the feeders - and go! (Somewhat simplified, for my own understanding:) )

Of course, this supposing we are still winding cylinders, only changing dimensions. Pouches would need a different method.

Did anyone see where the "Order" button went to get to the configurator?
Edit: It's back. They killed the "D" for the 60 and killed the P85.

Someone on this forums said that the P85 didn't make a lot of sense once they released the 85D, so they must have seen a BIG drop off of P85 orders when they pushed the D. It makes sense, if you want range, go for the 85D if you want performance... why wouldn't you just pay the extra to get the REAL performance?

- - - Updated - - -

OMG SHUT THIS GUY UP!!! DONT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SHARE PRICE!!!GOISKNHGJNWLENGLKWMNWMNLKE

Someone on this forums said that the P85 didn't make a lot of sense once they released the 85D, so they must have seen a BIG drop off of P85 orders when they pushed the D. It makes sense, if you want range, go for the 85D if you want performance... why wouldn't you just pay the extra to get the REAL performance?

- - - Updated - - -

OMG SHUT THIS GUY UP!!! DONT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SHARE PRICE!!!GOISKNHGJNWLENGLKWMNWMNLKE

Seriously, that was a very dirty question, which I think he realized mid question and tried to reel it in a little. Thankful that E did not take the bait.

That might have been me or at least I was one of the people saying that. Tesla clearly felt the same and killed the P85. Not sure that bodes well for my P85's resale value, but I wasn't selling for a number of years so it's academic for me.

whew... I think that was a close call... no major capital raise until *maybe* the model 3... and no comment about the shareprice. Crisis averted.

BIG thanks, guys! I got into the Muzak intro for a long period, but 15 minutes before the call it went silent, totally. Refresh - no help. Try another window - no. So I'm really grateful for those written comments in near real time. Now I can finally go to bed, it's quite late here.

BIG thanks, guys! I got into the Muzak intro for a long period, but 15 minutes before the call it went silent, totally. Refresh - no help. Try another window - no. So I'm really grateful for those written comments in near real time. Now I can finally go to bed, it's quite late here.

I wasn't saying the call was over... I was saying that it was close that I thought elon would say something bad specifically directed at that one question toward stock price and capital raise.