Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I guess the weekly 215 plan didn't work...now to sell for a 50% loss or wait to see if the market digests "Gen 3 in late 2016" tomorrow....

Or long term TM will be "one of the most valuable companies in the world".

To be balanced, I am not sure of market's reaction to the remark about the patents. It looks that Elon contemplating something unconventional. It is probably something more complicated and nuanced than just opening them up, but I think that given that there was no explanation that Elon eluded to, he should not have said what he did...

Or long term TM will be "one of the most valuable companies in the world".

To be balanced, I am not sure of market's reaction to the remark about the patents. It looks that Elon contemplating something unconventional. It is probably something more complicated and nuanced than just opening them up, but I think that given that there was no explanation that Elon eluded to, he should not have said what he did...

I think the market would react to the announcement, but maybe not to the theorizing, unless we start seeing headlines. Same with gen 3 2016, unless we see headlines about it, nobody will notice it.

I'm not convinced the patent thing will be bad for Tesla on any time frame, because I think other EVs on the market does benefit Tesla, and can't really do any harm unless the demand drops below supply for Tesla, which doesn't seem like it would happen. The market may well consider it bad....or, maybe the market will consider it good. Or maybe the market won't understand it. Not sure which way everyone will go on this.

Well I guess the weekly 215 plan didn't work...now to sell for a 50% loss or wait to see if the market digests "Gen 3 in late 2016" tomorrow....

I am content with the shareholder meeting, Elon and Tesla basically affirmed everything is on track and he seemed more confident than ever. However, I too played weeklies, 215's and 210's which are not looking so good right now and I almost closed the positions right before market close but I figured that tomorrow and the rest of the week there's a bigger chance of share price going up due to the market digesting what was said in the meeting (which I think is positive) but also because the markets and TSLA has been taking a beating for a few days now and there's a chance that it rebounds. Good luck to you all.

I am waiting. Hopefully someone asks a question that elicits info not already provided.

I had 200s, 205s and 215s going into the meeting. Sold half the 200s at 50% up. 215s not doing well but low cost/low loss (but a loss is still a loss). Not sure what will happen over the next two days but the positions are small so I will wait and see. But, whille the news was good and I am happy with it I was hoping for Elon to drop a bomb on a question or two or have the curtain open behind him to show the finished X or mock up of the 'E' (or whatever name they give it). :wink:

If he's opening the patents, he is probably going to shift to OEM or open up some serious royalty cash flow to infuse more cash flow and will shift to OEM status. I was thinking about it the other day. It really wouldn't be hard for manufacturers to alter their cars to a Tesla power train. Take a 911 for example. You can reorganize the batteries and place the motor for the same weight distribution in a 911 body...

Wow, the patent remark made a really big splash. It made the front page on USA Today.

Elon may well have floated a glimpse of what he is thinking to see public reaction to what he is considering. Leaving it for the public to speculate what the idea may be a form of crowd sourcing thinking out of the box and gaging public reaction to a wide range of possible courses of action (and a source of amusement to those inside Tesla). Perhaps a bit like the hyperloop buildup.

I had 200s, 205s and 215s going into the meeting. Sold half the 200s at 50% up. 215s not doing well but low cost/low loss (but a loss is still a loss). Not sure what will happen over the next two days but the positions are small so I will wait and see. But, whille the news was good and I am happy with it I was hoping for Elon to drop a bomb on a question or two or have the curtain open behind him to show the finished X or mock up of the 'E' (or whatever name they give it). :wink:

Well, to almost complete the story: Sold the 215s at a loss and the 205s broke even. Still holding the remaining 200s as they are 'green'. So, basically with all the buying and selling hoping for a 'pop' from the annual meeting I have broken even.....:wink:. Lots of work for no gain. Will see how the remaining 200s do...hopefully the European macro news tomorrow will not kill them.