TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Software Suggestion: Park Button

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Jeff McClure, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Jeff McClure

Jeff McClure Member

It would be helpful if it was faster to access the "doors" page of the controls.

How about whenever the park button is pressed it shows the "doors" control page? This would work even if the car as already in park.

• Like x 6
  2. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    I love this suggestion, as only myself or my wife open the doors for our kids. It should be an option in the settings screen.

3. cclaygo

cclaygo Member

Whenever I put mine in park the door screen does pop up automatically. What I found is that it does NOT pop up if you have the controls page open. Close the controls page and just display the map, music or anything else and you will see the doors page pop up when you put the car in park.

4. sukhi

sukhi Member

Agreed that it would be nice to have one button access to the doors control menu. As @cclaygo mentioned, it does pop up when I out the car in park but if I click away, there is no one button access.

• Like x 1
  5. proven

proven Member

When you first put it in park, the doors option pops up. For those other times we've made it a habit to leave the controls screen on the doors tab. That way it's just one press (controls) to get to the doors.

• Like x 1
  6. boardworks

boardworks Member

From the post title, I thought this would be about having a soft button for the Auto Park feature, which I think would be great. You have to double-tap the park button on the stick to trigger; however, I'll pull up to the garage, put it in park, then want to send it into the garage via Auto Park. To do that now, I have to put the vehicle in drive again, then double tap. Would be nice to have a button on the doors pop-up that said "Auto Park".

7. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Tesla needs to give us the ability to make customizable "Macro" buttons that persist across all screens!

8. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

I actually tried to press the park button again to get that dialog. Seemed like a clear and obvious choice.