Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the response. For me, I have MCU1 (missed MCU2 by just a couple days or less...grrrrr....). For the first day or two, my sound was outstanding. Then I got an update (2018.10, i think) and the sound was noticeably worse no matter what I tried. Then I got 2018.12 and it sounded better, with some EQ tweaking, but still not as good as original. So, I'm hoping that one of the newer updates (2018.14 or 2018.16) will get my sound back to the level I had for just a brief time when I picked up the car.

Note that earlier this month, I contacted customer support and received an email back that included this statement:
"We are currently aware of the update affecting the EQ levels. We are looking to patch this up very soon so that we can bring that amazing sound back to the vehicle. We appreciate your patience...{etc.}"
Note that my request/complaint was not specific to the EQ level issue (they had changed the EQ scales from 12 to 8), but rather the quality of sound generally. So, I remain hopeful that they'll get the sound back to 'amazing' in my car. Fingers crossed that whichever update I get tonight (.14 or .16) will get this done!
For what it’s worth my EQ was 8 max from day one and I do adjust various levels. (BASS always max of course) And it has remained great so maybe it is only certain cars? Or did they change sound system in mcu2 maybe? Curious to find out.

Stereo sound is the same in my car after the update. I have the Premium package. But it already sounded amazing. It was significantly superior to the 2017 model S I had tested. So I’m not sure mine has much to improve upon.

I wasn't aware to any physical changes to the premium sound system to the S, other than a name change? The proper settings, and proper sound source do make a difference though.

Sorry yes, you will have the 'non-dolby' audio. My assumption has been that the new audio on MCU2 needed to go to 8, so everyone, including MCU1, got it set to 8 even though we have a different sound processor.

Completely agree. They botched up MCU1 cars with a downgraded sound after .12. I’ve also escalated to executive team and received a generic response ‘engineering looking into it’ .

I’d like my sound returned to the level and quality it was. :( I suspect many of the new owners with 8 as the max setting never heard the original quality at max 12. More bass, better treble, better volume at 5/6 rather than a flatter sound even at 7/8 vol.

Reactions: P100DHG.
Completely agree. They botched up MCU1 cars with a downgraded sound after .12. I’ve also escalated to executive team and received a generic response ‘engineering looking into it’ .

I’d like my sound returned to the level and quality it was. :( I suspect many of the new owners with 8 as the max setting never heard the original quality at max 12. More bass, better treble, better volume at 5/6 rather than a flatter sound even at 7/8 vol.

I only got a day or two of that quality sound before "upgrading" to 2018.12. So I simultaneously find out that I missed the MCU2 rollout by just a day or two, and my audio has been downgraded! Salt in the wound! Not cool at all.

We installed 2018.16.eac88a7 this morning and now our Summon is working with the Tesla App. We were never able to connect with Summon app on our iPhones before. It is an interesting experience and much more comfortable than with the key fob. Its also nice to have the HomeLink icon on the Summon page on the app.

This is our third software update in the 4 weeks we have owned our Tesla.

Jim

Reactions: ishareit
I only got a day or two of that quality sound before "upgrading" to 2018.12. So I simultaneously find out that I missed the MCU2 rollout by just a day or two, and my audio has been downgraded! Salt in the wound! Not cool at all.

Wow...:(
Email exec support through your account. Bring it up. The more owners who do, the better odds of Tesla fixing it.

My LTE connection was going zero bars to 2 or 3 bars for no reason intermittently. Streaming and anything data related wouldn’t work.
It was happening nearly every other day requiring a wheel reboot which would fix.

I am having the same issue. My MS has the new MCU and is running v2018.14.2. Also, in the last day or so my trip computer and energy display froze up and don't work.