Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove 500km today and received two "Strike one" Autopilot warnings, with the first I wasn't sure, but with the second one entirely certain completely unjustified and without prior white frame notification. The second one happened 3 seconds after an ALC, which here in Germany requires mandatory hand on the wheel. Normally I don't receive audible warnings as I have my hand resting on the wheel avoiding even visual warnings.
Might be related to the red flashing "take over" a few seconds after having taken over that was introduced in .12

Last edited:
Interesting, everyone was saying the rendering is much faster and smoother now
It may be... But I still wonder what the use of the browser is really for. Perhaps we need a thread about 'uses of the new browser (MCU1 or MCU2). Because I have my phone (iPhone 8 Plus) mounted in a ProClip mount, and would much rather use that (for speed, more data, better rendering, etc.).

Put better browser way down my list of things I want. :D

Drove 500km today and received two "Strike one" Autopilot warnings, with the first I wasn't sure, but with the second one entirely certain completely unjustified and without prior white frame notification. The second one happened 3 seconds after an ALC, which here in Germany requires mandatory hand on the wheel. Normally I don't receive audible warnings as I have my hand resting on the wheel avoiding even visual warnings.
Might be related to the red flashing "take over" a few seconds after having taken over that was introduced in .12

I’ve seen a few cases where driving with really crappy or nonexistent lane lines puts the car in instant “audible hold steering wheel” mode continuously. Like 2 seconds without input it’ll beep at me. This seems new in 10.4 or .12.

Interesting, everyone was saying the rendering is much faster and smoother now

It is but it’s still like 3000x slower than the rendering performance of an iPad so.....

Rendering was fairly quick.
The highway I was driving is quite new, with fresh markings and pretty much no Asphalt seams (german A8 highway between Ulm and Munich, both directions). So poor lane markings are definitely not at fault for AP2s inability to assign vehicles to their lanes.
Actually on a stretch where there are essentially no markings discernible with the naked eye (a section of the A8 closer to the city of Stuttgart), AP maintained blue markings and didn't waver where I expected it to.

I read and now to confirm in my car there is a regression w/ the heated steering wheel not working (ui indicates it's on) in the 2018.16 build.
I will say the browser is a definitive improvement. Didn't get .14, so can't compare. Not perfect, but usable. And the map display seems just a tad bit faster than the .12 build.
Seems like .16 rolling out to a few folks.

-TechVP

Took my model X (03/15/2018 delivery) to the Dallas SC today to have them check my right FWD. The plastic cover of the sensor located on the edge is scratching the paint when the door close. They are sanding the plastic piece down to stop the paint scraping.

Meanwhile, being on 2018.16 with the non-functional heated steering wheel, I have them checked it that out too. The SC told me the steering control module may be faulty and will be ordering one for replacement. They told me they are also upgrading another model X to 2018.16 at the SC to test out if the firmware is actually disabling the heated steering wheel. Will update you guys when I hear back from the SC tomorrow.

Just got .16 up from .12. Wow! The MCU is significantly faster - and the browser is actually usable! Very happy with the update.

Can't wait to drive it tomorrow.

I went through and totally redid my bookmarks, surfed around, and so forth. I'm really impressed with the browser. It's not Firefox on my Macbook Pro fast, but it's definitely usable and I think may actually beat the cell phone. I'll have to see on that. I love how Tesla conveniently started it on their website - almost like a thumb at the nose of those who used to bitch that the browser in the Tesla couldn't even display their own website.

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Hi, im on 2018.16 since yesterday, but no new maps in Switzerland. I ve a strong wifi signal in my garage. There are only a few cars that received them in Europe.... What could be the problem ?

Attachments

• F153DEBE-6FE7-48D3-A56A-1BAB699561F2.jpeg
    F153DEBE-6FE7-48D3-A56A-1BAB699561F2.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 77
  • 89111684-80C7-4C35-A8B8-39FC56426248.jpeg
    89111684-80C7-4C35-A8B8-39FC56426248.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 66