Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.20 ad59ff9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
81DA32B5-DF64-4238-B819-97531CE82204.jpeg
Not sure if this is related to the software but my A/C just started pumping out neutral air and this message came up on the screen. :( no more A/C for me... never had any issues before and I am quick to blame the software

Reactions: Pentium2004
Got .20 yesterday and just happened to notice that the map on the main screen is MUCH smoother. Used to be whenever I made a turn the map on the main center screen was noticeably jerky as it rotated... that is now almost imperceptible and the map rotates almost as smoothly as the navigation display in the IC. I think the previous update I had was .18 and I had gotten the new Nav maps about 3 or 4 weeks ago with the updated, smooth view in the IC... but the main screen map was still its old jerky self back then.

I also want to say that I see a better lane guidance display now when using navigation. I swear it showed arrows before with the new IC map as to what lane you should be in, but now I want to say that it stands out better? Maybe I’m just imaging it... I’ve been out of town for 2 weeks.

2018 MX100D MCU2 AP2 2018.20
I thought the same thing, and I also think updates to the perimeter sensor & camera array have been made. System seems to be processing greater amount of telemetry from more sources, and Sonar sweeps seem more numerous and sensitive at greater distance.

I also believe lane identification was also enhanced from binary (is /is not), now it seems System might rank Lane confidence using more types of dividers, and different shades of "grey" for Roads.

Lane "Road": Light Grey, Med. Grey, Dark Grey. (No pics)

Lane dividers:

#1. [LEFT Lane] Dark Grey (Likely Lane); [RIGHT Lane] Grey (Possible Lane).
20180524_074837.jpg

#2.
[LEFT Lane] Black w/t White Border (Definite Lane); [Right Lane] Light Grey (Nope!)
20180524_074843.jpg

#4. [LEFT/ RIGHT Lane] Black w/t White (Definite Lane(s))
20180524_074739.jpg

Far Left Lane recognizing strong Lane Signal. EAS now has Black border outside of Blue? p.s. 4 lanes were present in real-life.
20180524_074343.jpg

Oh - and my User Manual returned.

Attachments

• 20180524_074834.jpg
    20180524_074834.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 35
Few more things:
My web browser is still functionally inert (not that I need it anyway)
...and
RE: changes to Sound system EQ.
my premium sound system has remained unchanged from a stock 6 band EQ w/t slide bar for immersive sound [Off /Normal /High] (never had Dolby), and I have more Bass output than I know what to do with.

This has survived 2018.10, *.12, *.14, *.16, *.18 and now *.20.

I thought the same thing, and I also think updates to the perimeter sensor & camera array have been made. System seems to be processing greater amount of telemetry from more sources, and Sonar sweeps seem more numerous and sensitive at greater distance.

I also believe lane identification was also enhanced from binary (is /is not), now it seems System might rank Lane confidence using more types of dividers, and different shades of "grey" for Roads.

Lane dividers:

View attachment 303610

#2.
[LEFT Lane] Black w/t White Border (Definite Lane); [Right Lane] Light Grey (Nope!)
View attachment 303609

View attachment 303612
Far Left Lane recognizing strong Lane Signal. EAS now has Black border outside of Blue? p.s. 4 lanes were present in real-life.
View attachment 303613
Interesting post. I have ff9 as of this AM so no AP testing yet but I have often felt it is a no-brainer to display lane confidence as you describe rather than binary. I was thinking it would be a grey-red-yellow-green scheme (when not engaged) and then blue when engaged (with the confidence color running alongside the blue line). What you have observed is similar to that. I'm eager to test that on my car this wknd with 300 mile trip. I think this would be a very helpful improvement.

Lane dividers:

View attachment 303610

#2.
View attachment 303609

View attachment 303612
View attachment 303613
For what it’s worth my MCU2 car has had this from day 1. So I wa not aware this isn’t what earlier cars had for lane markings. What did it look like before?

For what it’s worth my MCU2 car has had this from day 1. So I wa not aware this isn’t what earlier cars had for lane markings. What did it look like before?

Just curious, are you using your phone for music also?

I have the same issue and have found that 9/10 times it works if I stop the music first and then place the call from the car directly. (I have let Tesla know of the steps to reproduce the issue but no repsonse)

Without doing the above steps, I either get no audio, no mic, or just random noise coming from the call.

I'm on software version 20.18.2 and got my new maps this morning. I had a screen about the new features, the manual, etc., which seemed odd because I hadn't just installed a new software update. The maps install must have done it. So I took family to the airport early, there was a wreck on the way back so traffic was crawling at 4 mph or sofor miles. I had autopilot on which was nice. The Interstate was dead straight, 3 lanes, I was in the middle lane.

Before, the autopilot was great in crawling straight road traffic, it just stayed in the center of the lane and advanced as traffic moved but with very little steering changes. But today it constantly made fairly large steering corrections seemingly looking for the center of the lane but not finding it. The blue lines on the display were solid and unmoving so the car must have been able to compute the center of the lane. Then I thought the ultrasonic detectors might have been contributing, maybe the car was steering to increase space to the sensed cars each time but that didn't seem to be it either.

I'm not complaining, just noting a change. I don't know if it is maps related.

The navigation seems better. In the past coming back from the airport with stop and go traffic, it has routed me off an earlier exit with an new route through town which added quite a bit of time, over 30 minutes, to the trip. I did that once, after that I just ignored the early exit routing and stayed on the Interstate which was much quicker despite the slowdown. Today it didn't route me off the Interstate. So that is good.

Last edited: