Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.20 ad59ff9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, are you using your phone for music also?

I have the same issue and have found that 9/10 times it works if I stop the music first and then place the call from the car directly. (I have let Tesla know of the steps to reproduce the issue but no repsonse)

Without doing the above steps, I either get no audio, no mic, or just random noise coming from the call.
I am but, fortunately after re-pairing two more times it is fixed. :D

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva and PrGrPa
With 8.20 I noticed that maps and other functionality on MCU 1 is much smoother when interacting with the touch screen.

Not to pick on you specifically, but please write out the full version number as 2018.20. The abbreviations that people use such as writing "8.20" or "20" might make sense today, but could creation confusion in the future. Also it's helpful to say what version of software you were running before. Interactivity on MCU1 was first observed to be improved around 2018.16.

Thanks,

Bruce.

I received 2018.20 after a service visit yesterday (from 2018.16). Only thing I can confirm so far is that the EQ sliders do go to 12.0 now.
I also had the SC push the new maps as well. Love the new look/details in the IC.
One nit so far is that some of the album artwork is blank on Slacker stations after the update. Will see if it persists. Perhaps I need to log back in or something.

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
View attachment 303556 Not sure if this is related to the software but my A/C just started pumping out neutral air and this message came up on the screen. :( no more A/C for me... never had any issues before and I am quick to blame the software

If it doesn't go away after a reboot, contact Tesla ASAP. Low coolant can cause the battery to overheat. They advised me to literally have it towed to the service center unless I was within a five minute drive or so. (I was.) It turned out to be an O-ring failure that caused a coolant leak.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
I’m surprised I haven’t seen anyone complaining about this issue, garbled audio via an Iphone’s Bluetooth connection to the Tesla. I have an IPhone X and people on the other end are always complaining about how garbled I sound. Yet on my end, they sound perfectly fine. On my wife’s Honda Clarity, on the same iPhone X, I sound perfectly fine to those on the other end.

I called Tesla today and they acknowledged it’s a widespread issue and will be addressed in 2018:20.

I’m surprised I haven’t seen anyone complaining about this issue, garbled audio via an Iphone’s Bluetooth connection to the Tesla. I have an IPhone X and people on the other end are always complaining about how garbled I sound. On my wife’s Honda Clarity, I sound perfectly fine on the same IPhone X

I called Tesla today and they acknowledged it’s a widespread issue and will be addressed in 2018:20.

Yep me too. Posted about it here once. It’s only the people on the other end and only with iPhone. They claim to have pushed a fix today but not 2018.20. Let’s see...

• Informative
Reactions: Ken7
I’m surprised I haven’t seen anyone complaining about this issue, garbled audio via an Iphone’s Bluetooth connection to the Tesla. I have an IPhone X and people on the other end are always complaining about how garbled I sound. Yet on my end, they sound perfectly fine. On my wife’s Honda Clarity, on the same iPhone X, I sound perfectly fine to those on the other end.

Do you have an Apple Watch as well? A lot of people have reported that putting their Apple Watch in airplane mode is a work around.

I have one! So that’s the bug?!
Given the problems I’ve had with Bluetooth on my iPhone X I can’t help but think that it is some of the iOS Bluetooth stack on that device.

Problems? Not being able to pick up on calls on Bluetooth in my SO’s MB. Limited pairing with Griffin iClip and Beats headphones. Capricious re-pairing with any Bluetooth device. Dropouts, dropoffs, distortion, delays... the iPhone X has both delighted and disappointed me.

Interesting. I do have an Apple Watch. I’ll try that workaround.
Tons of threads about this, and they may be saying ‘fixed on 2018.20’ as the next release fixes everything (always does!). :D

The bug was thought to actually be the LTE on the 3rd Gen Apple Watch, not the BT. Try putting the watch in Airplane mode and testing (whether or not you signed up for the LTE connection).

There was talk that Tesla and Apple were working on this, but I’ve not seen a conclusive answer posted.

Also, for Model X’s, there have been tons of posts about ‘bad sound from the A pillar mics’, Apple Watchs or no’. Not tied to any software release. I’d check that further in the X forum, and I’ve not seen a fix for that (may be car age (mic age) dependent, also).

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
Given the problems I’ve had with Bluetooth on my iPhone X I can’t help but think that it is some of the iOS Bluetooth stack on that device.

Problems? Not being able to pick up on calls on Bluetooth in my SO’s MB. Limited pairing with Griffin iClip and Beats headphones. Capricious re-pairing with any Bluetooth device. Dropouts, dropoffs, distortion, delays... the iPhone X has both delighted and disappointed me.
IOS 11.4 Beta did fix this for me