Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.21.9 75bdbc11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And i hate to say it but i can see the cars 'in front of' me by looking out of the window. Its the cars behind me i want to see on the screen.

That said, at least i have something new to impress passengers with.

I feel the same way, but I know a lot of people here has requested this for a long time.

Looking at the video in the beginning of the thread just makes the display look more cluttered to me, and without much useful information. But I realize we may be the minority opinion on this subject.

Reactions: TexLaw
Interesting but 2018.21 should be a beta release and we should be seeing 2018.22 now.... have to see how many get this release. Could be a mistake in identity!

And I’ve also had slowdown for exits/curves for a couple of releases.

Same here. I am on 18.14 and TACC and autosteer have been slowing down on curves for me before this release too. Whether its a big curve in freeway or a big curve on exit off freeway. I have literally a circular ramp on to the freeway and whatever I set the speed to, it takes the curve at 40-45 mph.

Same here. I am on 18.14 and TACC and autosteer have been slowing down on curves for me before this release too. Whether its a big curve in freeway or a big curve on exit off freeway. I have literally a circular ramp on to the freeway and whatever I set the speed to, it takes the curve at 40-45 mph.
Yeah, I think I've gone around a 180 or 270 degree ramp with it. I know there was one youtuber who showed this in New York (GWB exit ramp?).

And I still bet this is a beta that escaped, with that number. :D

And, we should be getting a TeslaFi email for 2018.22 any second. LOL! That would be interesting with this out.

Still no other reported users have this, not on TeslaFi and the one (this one?) on ev-fw.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Since no other vehicles on teslafi show up with this [2018.21.9] yet, I will hazard a guess that OP got a beta version by mistake or chance.

My guess is that we will start seeing 2018.22 at the end of this week with some AP
improvements ref Elon’s statement at the shareholders.
I generally feel better about the future of EAP since Karpathy joined Tesla. 2018.10.4 is a great improvement and I can’t wait to see where we are at in 6-12 months.

I'm on 20. xxx ff9 update. No adjacent lanes for me. I had AP1 in prior MS 85d and liked seeing adjacent lane cars (there is mixed opinion on this). So I'm glad to see that reappearing. I'm confused whether with EAP the side cameras are active (for blind spot) or turned off unless you have full self driving option. Is there definitive info on that (sorry if I missed that and it has already been stated). I hope they are using all cameras on all cars (not just in shadow mode).

Since no other vehicles on teslafi show up with this [2018.21.9] yet, I will hazard a guess that OP got a beta version by mistake or chance.

My guess is that we will start seeing 2018.22 at the end of this week with some AP
improvements ref Elon’s statement at the shareholders.
I generally feel better about the future of EAP since Karpathy joined Tesla. 2018.10.4 is a great improvement and I can’t wait to see where we are at in 3-6 months.

Corrected that for you!

My understanding from reading on here is that the on-ramp/off-ramp speed adjustment will be smoother, more predictive. The thought is that currently, the car slows down as reactionary to the steering angle...sort of "Oh sh*t Im going too fast for this turn" and then slows down, it sort of barrels into the turn. The new change is supposed to be much smoother, anticipating the upcoming turn and slowing down for it.