Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.36.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I noted that after my update to "2018.36.2 ac4a215" from "2018.34.1 3dd3072" several hours ago. I hope that BigMskiman is right about this being due to a temporary cessation in the broadcasting of this information.
Over the past two releases, I have also noted the disappearance of the colorful FM radio station and music icons from both displays. They have been replaced by gray icons with overlaid text.
These changes are pretty trivial, but this is the first update with which I appear to have lost functionality rather than gained it, and that (along with chat about a possible dumbing-down of the MCU's GUI) leave me with a mild sense of foreboding.

The station icons have disappeared for me after almost every update going back several years. For me, once I select a grayed out station, the icon restores after a bit. Sometimes the right station, sometimes not. Of course not for XM which is ridiculous. Although some XM stations, when selected, will show an FM station icon once selected. Awesome......

As I mentioned in the 3 forum, our AP2 MCU1 AutoPilot is “different.” I would say it overall feels better, but without any good way or method of supporting it with facts; it’s purely a butt dyno “better/smoother/more confident.”

I also wrote about a situation that has now happened 4x when driving on local roads (I know... I know...) through an intersection and getting WHITE flashing, “...light force”, AND beeping, but NOT the red hands of death “take over immediately.” It almost feels like a bug where I’d expect the red hands but it’s mistakenly displaying the “light force” message instead?

Can someone explain "intended state or charge"? Is this based on your destination info and Tesla's recommendation on navigation screen?

That's the charge limit you set. Supercharging still respects that (and in fact the trip planner also respects that too, the last time I tried. I often purposely set it to 70% or so on road trips to force the trip planner to plan efficient charging stops rather than its normal algorithm of choosing a few 40-50 minute stops)

I am on software: 2018.32.2 3817fdd done on 08/28/2018 5:56 AM
And the stall count disappeared only this week. But my latest update is dated 8/28.
So my conclusion is that the stall count is not due to a software update. It is simply TESLA is not broadcasting that info anymore.
Anybody knows why!? This was tremendously useful info!!

I was EXACTLY where you were on my car as of yesterday and then got 36.2 late afternoon EST. 36.2 is still full throttle on TeslaFi so I would guess you should be inline for it "soon" :)

Just an FYI - I had issues with my car receiving error saying "Steering Assist Reduced"... took my car to service center yesterday and they verified that a lot of cars got this message with the last update ".34" and that ".36" fixes the issue ..... it was installed on my car yesterday and I have not seen the error come back.

• Informative
Reactions: SpudLime
As I mentioned in the 3 forum, our AP2 MCU1 AutoPilot is “different.” I would say it overall feels better, but without any good way or method of supporting it with facts; it’s purely a butt dyno “better/smoother/more confident.”

I also wrote about a situation that has now happened 4x when driving on local roads (I know... I know...) through an intersection and getting WHITE flashing, “...light force”, AND beeping, but NOT the red hands of death “take over immediately.” It almost feels like a bug where I’d expect the red hands but it’s mistakenly displaying the “light force” message instead?
That's been happening increasingly with these later firmwares. It appears there are situations where it is "unsure" of the road markings and gives a warning to apply light force instantaneously without the usual nag interval, but it is not so unsure that it gives you the take over immediately prompt. I suspect they have some kind of thresholds set for this now. Let's say it is over 95% confident of the road markings, it will give you a nag at 1km intervals if it doesn't feel you holding the steering wheel. If it is 75-95% confident, it will give you an instant notification to make sure it's okay to keep doing what it's going, and if it's under 75% confident, it drops out of autosteer and gives you the take over immediately warning. I made those numbers up, mind you, but it appears to be behaving along those lines.

That's been happening increasingly with these later firmwares. It appears there are situations where it is "unsure" of the road markings and gives a warning to apply light force instantaneously without the usual nag interval, but it is not so unsure that it gives you the take over immediately prompt. I suspect they have some kind of thresholds set for this now. Let's say it is over 95% confident of the road markings, it will give you a nag at 1km intervals if it doesn't feel you holding the steering wheel. If it is 75-95% confident, it will give you an instant notification to make sure it's okay to keep doing what it's going, and if it's under 75% confident, it drops out of autosteer and gives you the take over immediately warning. I made those numbers up, mind you, but it appears to be behaving along those lines.

Totally agree, I see the same behavior. Mildly unconfident, it will immediately beep for you to hold the wheel. Even more unconfident, it will escalate to the red hands of doom.

Neither counts as "strikes" against you for Autopilot lockout, unlike ignoring the slow escalating alerts up to beeps / TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY.

Got 2018.36.2 ac4a215 overnight on my AP2.5 S100D. In the middle of my drive home today, I got a notification on the MCU: "You are not running the latest version of navigation maps. Remember that navigation maps are only downloaded when the car is connected to WiFi." I Googled the message and came up empty. The car is on WiFi every night, and was on WiFi until noon today. Anybody else seeing this?

Attachments

• 20180921_181113 (1).jpg
    20180921_181113 (1).jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 140
A Model 3 owner posted this same thing on /r/teslamotors and while it's explicit in the M3 manual that the car must be periodically connected to WiFi to get the latest maps, it sounds like you are... but perhaps your car isn't connecting properly? Or perhaps it just needs another day or two to update, so the warning is a bit of an errant message?

I just saw the same notice when I ran out to grab some dinner. I had been gone most of the day but had been connected to wifi for slightly over 2 hours. The Wi-Fi signal as shown on the MCU was a strong one so not sure why I received the notice unless the map data transfer takes place in off hours. I am currently running 34.1 on MCU1.

I just saw the same notice when I ran out to grab some dinner. I had been gone most of the day but had been connected to wifi for slightly over 2 hours. The Wi-Fi signal as shown on the MCU was a strong one so not sure why I received the notice unless the map data transfer takes place in off hours. I am currently running 34.1 on MCU1.
My guess would be it happens when it's interrupted. So it starts downloading on wifi and then you drive away before it finishes.