Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.7 9736c9b

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it it just me or do others find it annoying the 9.0 update does not allow split windows that don't include navigation? There are times when I just don't want that up and prefer other windows such as radio and energy and now I can no longer do that.

Reactions: croman
So it it just me or do others find it annoying the 9.0 update does not allow split windows that don't include navigation? There are times when I just don't want that up and prefer other windows such as radio and energy and now I can no longer do that.

It's just you!

Not really, it's you and exactly 86,752 other people who have complained about this. I've been counting.

Got the new update to version 9 last night, this morning when i got into the car the dashcam stopped working. Checked the usb drive, only the last 2 minutes of yesterdays drive was on it. I wiped the drive and reinserted it and still no luck. looks like tesla disabled the dashcam.
Did you make sure to create a TeslaCam folder on the USB drive after wiping it?

• Informative
Reactions: laudbrian
In the tesla website under support - discover new software 9.0 - Enhanced navigation there is this statement
  • Note: Before this feature can be enabled, the latest version of Navigation maps must be downloaded via WiFi. A message will display on the touchscreen when new maps have been installed."
How do you download latest versions of navigation maps? Or is that just part of one of the software updates?

How do you download latest versions of navigation maps? Or is that just part of one of the software updates?

It is its own update apart from the firmware updates. Maps are typically a 5 GB download so the best way to know you are getting the latest is to monitor your home network's activity. Unfortunately, with the latest updates there isn't a way to tell you have the most recent maps. There is never a notification on your Tesla that it happened. You just have to be connected to WiFi to make sure you get the update.

Got the new update to version 9 last night, this morning when i got into the car the dashcam stopped working. Checked the usb drive, only the last 2 minutes of yesterdays drive was on it. I wiped the drive and reinserted it and still no luck. looks like tesla disabled the dashcam.

TeslaCam is just buggy this way so far. I'm sure it will improve with .7, .8 releases like this. There is a DashCam thread you should refer to for more info.

Rebooting the MCU is the only way I have been able to get TeslaCam working. I've had to reboot 3 times since last Friday's update to V9. Usually when it works, it works. But when I park and reenter the car, sometimes it stops.

You need to monitor the LED light on your USB Flash Drive to ensure TeslaCam is working/writing. Don't go by the icon on your screen. It often reports that it is 'recording' when in-fact is is not.

• Informative
Reactions: ishareit
I just installed 39.7 from 39.6 using the app to kick it off. Starting the updates from the app is super nice and the release notes were on screen when I got in the car. The update was ~398mb. The update from 36.2 to 39.6 was ~548mb. I didn't really notice any issues with 39.6 other than the representation of other vehicles floating around so I'm curious what was actually fixed in this release.