Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.7 9736c9b

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got back from about a 100 mile round trip with some buddies after installing the update. Nothing new, definitely a bug fix release. Just wonder what bugs...

Side note: I really love sending directions to the car via my smartphone. Major time saver!

What app are you using to send directions from? I cannot see how to do this from within Waze. Also, I'm not quite understanding the utility of doing this. Do you do this because the route determined by the third-party app is better than the route Tesla would determine?

Since updating to V9 I've noticed that streaming Radio doesn't buffer the song anymore. I didn't notice music stutter before V9 and don't want to blame it on V9 but I can't currently can't listen through a whole song before it pauses while it buffers.
I am SO glad you said this. I was considering posting about this to see if there was anyone else.
I’ve tried all I can think of to make this quit. It’s driving me crazy!
It’s “skips” or “stutters” like you said randomly throughout songs.
I hope that’s something that’s corrected in the bug fix. 39.7

• Informative
Reactions: N..8
What app are you using to send directions from? I cannot see how to do this from within Waze. Also, I'm not quite understanding the utility of doing this. Do you do this because the route determined by the third-party app is better than the route Tesla would determine?
Here was my scenario last night:

Went to a haunted house with friends, didn’t know where it was, so I looked up the place online. Opened the link to their haunted house on my phone and pulled up the directions within Google Maps and then sent it to my car while still at home inside. Then, we went to Chick-fil-A for dinner and while inside, I pulled up directions to get home and sent it to the car. Just a time saver really. Instead of doing it in the car when you get there, it’s already waiting.

Newbie question..how do you "send it to the car"?
In iOS:

DC04F090-C8A3-4A00-A6D2-807D14F4E2E3.jpeg
EC8565FF-1B1B-4301-93BD-286321027D04.jpeg
C305D1C0-0B9E-4799-9BF6-3BF5D26D434D.jpeg
5E077537-B39A-4197-B695-29E0A78BF21B.jpeg

Installed update (39.7) just using the Tesla app! Great, did not need to trudge out to driveway. But why not deliver release notes on the app once update installed? There is an inbox in app that doesn’t seem to be used much :)

I agree. I used the app to update to 39.7 yesterday, then had to go out to the car to see if there was anything new. release notes in the app would be awesome!
Who would have thought I would ever get so excited to see these four words pop up on my phone: "Software update is available"