Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.7 9736c9b

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes definitely Easier, but for my Needs I needed Wider Coverage. My House is very Wide and a $30 Router can't hit all the Corners.
So the Ubiquiti System allows me to have multiple Access Points. Otherwise my Tesla wouldn't have got a Signal.
Plus I need Strong Signal for having Alexa "Play Music Everywhere"

View attachment 344695

2nd this. I just got 2 UniFi AP-AC-LR in my house and the management system as shown in the screenshot (omitted in my post) is just out of this world.
Asus routers have ability to form a mesh network. Seems to work well for me. Can get an AC1900 for reasonable price.

Reactions: gt2690b
Haven’t gone through the whole thread but is the 39.7 firmware supposed to have the updated maps ? I have 2017 MS that I picked up last weekend and while I’ve updated to V9, the navigation on the instrument cluster is still the old version. Am I missing something ?
The new maps are a separate download disjoint from be software. You will notice it the most on the IC. They require you to have a specific version of firmware or newer, I believe that was release spring 2018

• Informative
Reactions: masam
Yes, and something subtle I noticed is I have to press the brake pedal with much more force at at stop light (or similar stop) if I want to put the car into "hold" mode. Before this version, it didn't take much brake pressure to do it. For me, I prefer it to be the way is was previously.
The other way to engage it is to hold the brake pedal down lightly for at least 3 seconds as well, but that's not as quick/efficient as a quick harder press which is why most of us use that.

Haven’t gone through the whole thread but is the 39.7 firmware supposed to have the updated maps ? I have 2017 MS that I picked up last weekend and while I’ve updated to V9, the navigation on the instrument cluster is still the old version. Am I missing something ?
I had the same issue of not getting newer maps and so no "use Hov lanes" option. Called support and was told that new maps update will be sent but no update came. Eventually mobile service came and updated maps manually. So I would suggest calling your service center or email executive suport through my tesla account.

• Informative
Reactions: masam
Asus routers have ability to form a mesh network. Seems to work well for me. Can get an AC1900 for reasonable price.

Indeed.The AC1900 can probably work as a "dumb" access point as well. But I bought the Unifi because they are designed to be "dumb" access points, while Asus routers are routers primarily which I don't need.

Also when you set up a 2nd unifi AP it automatically adopts the SSID etc which the first one has, because they are defined within the "Default" wifi group. The LR also has a stronger signal and different antenna design

Anyone else having streaming issues with this release? It seems like every time I get into the car the music streaming has issue and it either says "loading error" endlessly (until I reboot) or every song plays for a little bit and then skip to the next one. It seems like a connectivity issue to me, because it just buffers a bit of the song and for some reason fails to buffer the rest and then skips to the next song. Only thing that temporarily solves it is a reboot.

Anyone else having streaming issues with this release? It seems like every time I get into the car the music streaming has issue and it either says "loading error" endlessly (until I reboot) or every song plays for a little bit and then skip to the next one. It seems like a connectivity issue to me, because it just buffers a bit of the song and for some reason fails to buffer the rest and then skips to the next song. Only thing that temporarily solves it is a reboot.

I have the exact same problem. It started last Friday when I was on v8. Upgraded to v9 and still the same problem. Restart either doesn't help or helps for one or two songs maximum. However this problem doesn't exist when the car is connected to my home wifi. So it must be something to do with the cellular service. Also, it could be limited to Canada, as I've noticed that mostly canadians mention this problem here on TMC.

I have the exact same problem. It started last Friday when I was on v8. Upgraded to v9 and still the same problem. Restart either doesn't help or helps for one or two songs maximum. However this problem doesn't exist when the car is connected to my home wifi. So it must be something to do with the cellular service. Also, it could be limited to Canada, as I've noticed that mostly canadians mention this problem here on TMC.
Did you see the big thread about LTE issues across the us and Canada? Might be related.

I was out of town and unable to install update ver. 9. Now that I'm home I do not receive the option to update anymore? Is there some way to request the update again? I've called and emailed customer service but no answer so far?

Thanks for any input

Most likely they pulled the update version that was sent to your car. And now you are back in the wave que for the next approved version.

... Also when you set up a 2nd unifi AP it automatically adopts the SSID etc which the first one has, because they are defined within the "Default" wifi group. The LR also has a stronger signal and different antenna design
That's what the ASUS mesh does. You have one main router, then you set the rest up as mesh nodes. They connect wirelessly to each other and form a single SSID network... or more SSIDs if you want (guest, etc), but what's on one is on the others. I set up directional antennas to shoot/receive the signal about 1000ft from router to router. The Ubiquiti stuff looks nice though. I used google wifi for a while. Still have it, just changed over to ASUS because it allows me more stuff, like VPN and access to the firmware.

Anyway, sorry for turning this into a network discussion :)

Reactions: croman
The Ubiquiti stuff looks nice though.

The nice thing about the Ubiquiti routers is that you can have them wired to create an extended network, rather than creating a mesh or wirelessly extending. The downside to extenders and mesh stuff is that you lose bandwidth to the "extending" APs needing to talk to each other and/or the "main" AP. If you have the Unifi APs attached to ethernet, they'll coordinate handoff over ethernet and you'll get the full bandwidth between each AP and the clients attached to it.

(Additional apologies for extending the off-topic discussion, but I *really* like my Unifi APs. ;) )

Reactions: cmalinowski
The nice thing about the Ubiquiti routers is that you can have them wired to create an extended network, rather than creating a mesh or wirelessly extending. The downside to extenders and mesh stuff is that you lose bandwidth to the "extending" APs needing to talk to each other and/or the "main" AP. If you have the Unifi APs attached to ethernet, they'll coordinate handoff over ethernet and you'll get the full bandwidth between each AP and the clients attached to it.

(Additional apologies for extending the off-topic discussion, but I *really* like my Unifi APs. ;) )
Asus routers do that as well. It's good that networking is headed down this path IMHO. Wired gig ethernet when you can, wireless where you can't, or just want convenience to "feel free to move about the cabin" as it were. :)
Chris
PS: Same apology for off-topic, but, then again, 39.7 is old news ;)