Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
513DFFEA-21C1-4607-BD9E-B5170EC42ED6.jpeg
How’s your car? Welcome back!

Thanks! Good to be back!

Reactions: fseir
View attachment 341964
I get mine off my wireless AP
Any idea what the Tesla device name is? My router shows 33 connected devices, but I don’t see anything called Tesla. There are a few “unnamed devices” and a few android devices that I’m not sure about, a bunch of ESP entries, and something that starts with BRWA, but I’m not sure which one is the Tesla. Guess I could disconnect it from WiFi, and see which one disappears, but I don’t want to disconnect, in case it’s downloading V9! The suspense is killing me! :p

Thanks @barjohn. You’re right about the LG device. I found this thread, and was able to identify my Tesla based on its MAC address starting with b4:e6.

How to ID Tesla Model 3 on WiFi network? | Tesla

Unfortunately, my car has only downloaded 21 MB today, while uploading 28 MB, so no soup for me!

Something else interesting, is that when the car goes to sleep, it seems to disconnect from the network, but if I wake it up, it reconnects. Going to try keeping it awake for awhile, to see if that prompts any activity...

Went for a drive. Some observations:

Seems no calibration needed. Was able to see multiple lanes and at least 270 degree vision of vehicles approaching from aft port and aft starboard. Really feels like a damn spaceship hah.

Also undocumented but auto lane change worked on a local road!!!!!

Last edited:
Any idea what the Tesla device name is? My router shows 33 connected devices, but I don’t see anything called Tesla. There are a few “unnamed devices” and a few android devices that I’m not sure about, a bunch of ESP entries, and something that starts with BRWA, but I’m not sure which one is the Tesla. Guess I could disconnect it from WiFi, and see which one disappears, but I don’t want to disconnect, in case it’s downloading V9! The suspense is killing me! :p
Mine doesn’t pull a name just a MAC address. See if you have something that starts with 04:4e:af. I’ve seen others report their 3 starts with those as well.

You can also tap the WiFi signal on the screen, then WiFi settings, then i (information) and it should show your MAC address. Mine shows there.

Last edited:
Installed this AM before my commute!

The additional adjacent lane display of other vehicles is great. They should do some smoothing around how jumpy the cars can display, though.

Dash cam is neat, but low quality in low light situations. The camera is so narrow too, so I look forward to them adding in more cameras to the feature. saved-front-2018-10-09_07-26 - Streamable

Energy app is awesome. I hope at some point in the future they experiment with different sized apps to allow for easier usage. For example, a 'small' version of energy could be at the bottom of the screen where the minimized music pane normally is. Have the music pane pop up briefly when the song changes and then disappear again.

Or even make the energy app available as a card that you can get to by swiping past the odometer. The area beneath the car/lane display feels very underutilized right now.

playing asteroids on the display with the steering wheel is too cool.

hopefully they add the option for an audible notification for blind spot warning at some point in the future

Reactions: Arpe and RBowen
I’m on 36.2 and speech recognition is mostly broken for me. It worked great for the first week, but the last few days it works maybe one time in ten. Doesn’t seem to correlate with LTE signal strength either.

The real annoying thing is GUI preferences don't get saved between uses. Have to keep turning on the climate fan, and controls keep defauling to doors.

Installed this AM before my commute!

The additional adjacent lane display of other vehicles is great. They should do some smoothing around how jumpy the cars can display, though.

Dash cam is neat, but low quality in low light situations. The camera is so narrow too, so I look forward to them adding in more cameras to the feature. saved-front-2018-10-09_07-26 - Streamable

Energy app is awesome. I hope at some point in the future they experiment with different sized apps to allow for easier usage. For example, a 'small' version of energy could be at the bottom of the screen where the minimized music pane normally is. Have the music pane pop up briefly when the song changes and then disappear again.

Or even make the energy app available as a card that you can get to by swiping past the odometer. The area beneath the car/lane display feels very underutilized right now.

playing asteroids on the display with the steering wheel is too cool.

hopefully they add the option for an audible notification for blind spot warning at some point in the future

There will be a hardware update for the AP on cars that are supposed to have full self driving. Estimate is Q1 2019 for the hardware.

more details on the dash cam, I'm not sure if they have been shared.

It stores all files in 1 minute clips, which are about 28mb a piece. 60 minutes of video would come in to about 1.64GB.

files are named 'recent-front-2018-xx-xx_yy-yy.mp4' where xx is the date and yy is the time.

When you tap the icon to save a clip, it takes the existing 'recent' clips and changes the prefix to 'saved.' it doesn't duplicate that data, it looks like it just renames it.

having the 'front' camera listed on the file name is good indication that other cameras will be added at some point.

In terms of flash drive size, I'm pretty happy with the 64gb. The rolling 1 hour of footage will be less then 2gb, and each 10 minute clip I save will be under 300mb. It could grow exponentially once more cameras are added