Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed on X100D AP2.5 MCU2. I really like the AP performance (not sure if it is much better than 39.7), especially the lane change. Now I just hit the turn signal, it will accelerate or slow down, find a slot and change it! A few cases another car was trying to change to the same lane at the same time, it detected and switched back and later changed to that lane \behind that car. I am impressed!

Installing now (I assume)
My 3rd v9 update.
Got 2018.39.5 & 2018.39.7 prior to this one.
Installed 2018.39.7 via app.
Very cool!
Initiated this update in the car.
The app now shows the update is in progress in real time!
See screen shot.
Awsome!
433960AD-BD8D-44C0-A154-897E0A3A8DD8.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed on X100D AP2.5 MCU2. I really like the AP performance (not sure if it is much better than 39.7), especially the lane change. Now I just hit the turn signal, it will accelerate or slow down, find a slot and change it! A few cases another car was trying to change to the same lane at the same time, it detected and switched back and later changed to that lane \behind that car. I am impressed!
Agree! Very impressed with x.40 compared to x.39.7. Lance change is the smoothest I have experienced of all previous updates.

After installing 2018.40, I did a night drive on AP. Very impressive! Remarkably flawless. Rock solid on a curvy road (101 South from Warrenton to Gearhart on the Oregon coast) that can be a bit nerve racking for humans at night. This 8:41 clip begins at the exact moment I engaged Autopilot and ends when I disengaged.

The only difference I've noticed between 2018.39.6 and 2018.40 is that the IC will now show traffic in adjacent lanes even if the lane that you're in is treated as a non-auto-lane-change lane. So if I'm in a HOV lane with a double white line between myself and the lane to my right, it'll still show me traffic in that right lane. Super minor, but it's never done it before that I've noticed.

The only difference I've noticed between 2018.39.6 and 2018.40 is that the IC will now show traffic in adjacent lanes even if the lane that you're in is treated as a non-auto-lane-change lane. So if I'm in a HOV lane with a double white line between myself and the lane to my right, it'll still show me traffic in that right lane. Super minor, but it's never done it before that I've noticed.

I am on 39.6 and my IC definitely shows traffic in the adjacent lanes as you describe. I have about 35 miles a day in a pay-per-use lane that has limited access and only allows EAP lane changes when changed to solid parallel lanes to dashes but always shows the traffic adjacent.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I see 2018.40.1 09acee2 on a single model 3 on Teslafi now.

Will the real 40.1 please stand up? By now, you know the routine:

1. Description of update notice +\- screenshots
2. Obligatory statement that you’re away for a week and will post a description and/or YouTube video of AP in action upon your return, after 10,000 people have already gotten it.