Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.46.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this update, coming from 42.2. No driving yet, but a quick compare of the /data endpoint shows no differences in what's returned.

So I did a ~250 mile drive last night that I've done a lot before. Probably the smoothest ride I've ever had. The steering jitters seemed a lot less.

One interesting thing I noticed...an occurrance of phantom braking that was due to AP locking onto the car in the lane to the right of me. It happend right after the car in front of me switched into the left lane. The car in the right lane was going much slower than I was. I started pressing on the accelerator to override, and I happened to glance at the IC...and saw that the car in the right lane was lit up white. AP didn't switch the lock until I kept pressing the accelerator to get past the car in the right lane, and then finally AP locked onto the car ahead of me in my lane and I was able to let off the accelerator. Hmm....

So I did a ~250 mile drive last night that I've done a lot before. Probably the smoothest ride I've ever had. The steering jitters seemed a lot less.

One interesting thing I noticed...an occurrance of phantom braking that was due to AP locking onto the car in the lane to the right of me. It happend right after the car in front of me switched into the left lane. The car in the right lane was going much slower than I was. I started pressing on the accelerator to override, and I happened to glance at the IC...and saw that the car in the right lane was lit up white. AP didn't switch the lock until I kept pressing the accelerator to get past the car in the right lane, and then finally AP locked onto the car ahead of me in my lane and I was able to let off the accelerator. Hmm....

Sometimes this is because it (either correctly or incorrectly) assumes that the lane next to you is merging into your lane, so this is the zipper merge logic introduced in NoA. It's still kind of surprising and sudden when it happens, and very not human-like. Hopefully they improve on that over the next few months.

I want every person on here to post which version you last got and precisely when you got it. Then mention that the release notes were sparse but you speculate that there are some hidden changes in there. But now you’re eager to get 2028.48.1. Please. Let’s get this thread to 4000 posts. We can do it!!

I did miss adding 46.2 tho. Hmmmm. As you requested :D:D
86B2BCC0-EA0B-46B5-81DA-4CA5DFDDBAB9.png

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA