Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I thought you meant but "o" is nowhere near the "b" on the keyboard and as such thought maybe there was a new abbrev I was unaware of.
Thanks
Dzm
Technically for a while at least in French, gigaoctet (GO) was preferred over gigabyte. But after some Steak-Frites in the era of “le cheese” and such, I guess English took over....

DISCLAIMER: ok half of my understanding of French comes from the signs in Paris Las Vegas

In fact, Model X is the last in the family to get updates. And being in Europe is annoying in terms of software updates. Inside Europe, Germany and Norway tend to be a bit better, but Spain is horrible.

By the way:

ELON: There’s also some things we’ve been able to do for existing customers that are pretty cool. Tesla is as much a software company as a hardware company and we’ve been able to via firmware improve the range of the long-range rear wheel drive car from 310 miles to 325 miles. This will affect all customers including those that were all long range cars shipped to date and new cars. So both existing and new customers will get a 15 mile range increase from 310 to 325.

Right, Elon said they were increasing range on one specific configuration of the Model 3. What does that have to do with your Model X?

That's what I mean by you're going to be waiting a long time. Nobody has ever mentioned anything about OTA range increases for S/X.

Got the 12.1.1 update last night. No mention about 145 kW but there was a note about "preparing battery if you use navigation to reach Tesla SuperCharger". Tried that after update but did not see any improvement in charging speed. It took the usual time to charge from about 80 miles to 240 miles.

2015 Model S85D

You know what's even more annoying than a bunch of forum comments saying nothing other than "I got this update last night"?

A forum comment complaining about those comments.

This comment has become self-aware.

Mortman, Bruce one of our moderators sent a few messages asking people to stop sending the one line Spam messages. I sent a couple of those message myself over a year ago but as you know it does not do any good so I stopped doing it.

As soon as I see a one line messages, I do not read it because reading them is as much fun as getting Robo calls and Spam e-mails. If the same person continues to send those one liners, I have a solution and that is to click on their name below their avatar and click on ignore. I do not get any additional messages from that person.