Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That new 2019.6 map database only seems to be for Model 3. :(

I remember seeing on Reddit a Model S 75D MCU2, that just got firmware version 2019.12 and it had the NA-2019.6-10236 version of the maps... and that was a month ago!

Edit: Found it

ggdqX3m.jpg

This is disheartening.
But I’m wondering why not a wider complaint from the forums about this? Or do you think you May have some specific problem at this point causing it ?

Thanks. I know at least two other owners who have experienced it. The only specific problem I'm aware of updating to 2019.16.1.1 and 16.2. I think this has happened to other cars as well only that the owners have not noticed it.

The good news is that the pump did not run today after charging.

The bad news is that after these two updates, my Rated miles @90% Soc decreased from 238 first to 232 after supercharging and then to 229 at home charging. My battery is shrinking too :confused:

Unfortunately 16.2 still has the very annoying Spotify music stuttering/lagging bug. Happens every 2-3 minutes.
I haven't had a chance to test this yet but that is annoying if it is true, so far with V9 I don't think they have actually had one release that has Spotify 100% stable and working everytime......the old saying, it can't be that hard can it?
v16.2 supposedly has the fix for the live traffic being a CPU load hog, I wonder now if they've pushed it out to update every 2 minutes as it should have been instead of many times per second that just happens to coincide with Spotify stuttering? Could be worth turning off live traffic and seeing if it goes away.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
I just noticed that energy buffer (reported by BMS in scan my Tesla) has increased from 4 to 5 kWh after updating my MX 100D to 2019.16.2. Recent fires due to charging of deeply discharged batteries? Ironically, full typical range being reported as before. Any thoughts why Tesla did that?

Have you also noticed your Rated Miles at a given SoC has also decreased? My RM at 90% shows significantly lower.

Reactions: rafacq
I haven't had a chance to test this yet but that is annoying if it is true, so far with V9 I don't think they have actually had one release that has Spotify 100% stable and working everytime......the old saying, it can't be that hard can it?
v16.2 supposedly has the fix for the live traffic being a CPU load hog, I wonder now if they've pushed it out to update every 2 minutes as it should have been instead of many times per second that just happens to coincide with Spotify stuttering? Could be worth turning off live traffic and seeing if it goes away.
This was when driving today with live traffic turned off. Very annoying indeed.

They did do something good with this release though, because MCU1 feels overall more responsive. And the live traffic CPU bug is fixed.

No issues here with the pumps and as for 16.2 penetration, TeslaFi shows 67.2% of its cars are on it. I would call that a pretty full rollout! It always tapers on both ends, no idea why an update would disappear at this point in the game.

The only non-standard thing I ever did to clear a stuck/partial release (at Tesla’s request) besides the normal reboot was to turn the car off totally (as much as we can) from the Service menu, wait a couple of minutes and then let it start up. They said that could clear out a stuck firmware and restart the download.

Reactions: croman
I just noticed that energy buffer (reported by BMS in scan my Tesla) has increased from 4 to 5 kWh after updating my MX 100D to 2019.16.2. Recent fires due to charging of deeply discharged batteries? Ironically, full typical range being reported as before. Any thoughts why Tesla did that?

Interesting find. Your 100% SOC range will look the same but I’d imagine anything <100% will show slightly less range than before. No idea why it was increased other than maybe they’re seeing more early shutdowns (prior to 0% being displayed) so they’re increasing the “pad” on the bottom end.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Thanks. I know at least two other owners who have experienced it. The only specific problem I'm aware of updating to 2019.16.1.1 and 16.2. I think this has happened to other cars as well only that the owners have not noticed it.

The good news is that the pump did not run today after charging.

The bad news is that after these two updates, my Rated miles @90% Soc decreased from 238 first to 232 after supercharging and then to 229 at home charging. My battery is shrinking too :confused:
I can see that full battery capacity reported by BMS changed since two last updates. For my 100D it bounces between 96.4 and 97.2 kWh. 97.2 kWh appears to be nominal one for brand new pack in 100D version. This value eventially stabilizes around 96.9-97.0. Rated range at 70% SOC also changes accordingly between 312 and 315 km.

I can see that full battery capacity reported by BMS changed since two last updates. For my 100D it bounces between 96.4 and 97.2 kWh. 97.2 kWh appears to be nominal one for brand new pack in 100D version. This value eventially stabilizes around 96.9-97.0. Rated range at 70% SOC also changes accordingly between 312 and 315 km.

"Rated range at 70% SOC also changes accordingly between 312 and 315 km" seams low !
I don't have data for 70% but at 80% I still have rated range around 505 km and full battery capacity around 97 kWh.