Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 8.0.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, so Tesla did disable that functionality for non-PUP cars. I am pretty sure people with non-PUP could do it with an earlier firmware.
That and the automatic door opening was disabled, yes. However I thought it was interesting that they still allowed the door to auto close when you pressed your foot on the brake, and to auto close when a single click of the fob was pressed.

Is anyone else seeing a new Autopilot restriction to the actual speed limit (instead of 5 mph over) on non-divided roads?

I sure hope they fix the Autopilot database for highway 95 in Oregon (Autopilot thinks the speed limit is 55 when in fact it is 70).
Yes I tested this on purpose on an undivided street earlier and it was restricted to posted speed limit.

Yes I tested this on purpose on an undivided street earlier and it was restricted to posted speed limit.

Do you have version 8.0.2.50.114 or a different version of the firmware?

If you do have the above firmware version, you do understand we're talking about TACC, not driver assist, correct?

If that is understood, and you are sure you were limited, then perhaps Tesla is limiting some cars, and not others, or perhaps the Xs are being limited and the Ss are not.

Do you have version 8.0.2.50.114 or a different version of the firmware?

If you do have the above firmware version, you do understand we're talking about TACC, not driver assist, correct?

If that is understood, and you are sure you were limited, then perhaps Tesla is limiting some cars, and not others, or perhaps the Xs are being limited and the Ss are not.
It's 2.50.114. I was referring to autosteer as jackbowers asked about Autopilot.

It's 2.50.114. I was referring to autosteer as jackbowers asked about Autopilot.

Ahh, OK.

That's kind of old news, and in the other thread--the one I linked to upthread--someone was specifically asking about the rumored new limitation on TACC. I, perhaps incorrectly, thought the poster had seen that same article, and was asking about that.

Sorry for any confusion I caused!

Sorry, "holiday" was in 2.50.15 and it's "modelxmas" in 2.50.114. So many versions being sent out it's hard to keep track!

Also try "mars".
Fabulous! Just tried modelxmas and can't believe it actually works. Make sure you follow the instructions after you put the code in.
Warning: it's loud! But awesome.
mars didn't work for me

Yes, "mars" effectively takes the nav system to mars maps instead of earth. You have to then play with the satellite view to see the Mars landscape. You'll also know you are in Mars mode by tapping the "T" and viewing "about my Tesla".

Reactions: Scmbug