Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 8.0.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an AP2 Model X and just got the firmware. 250 was the build.

It seems to have added some visual radar indicators for objects around the car.

Feels way too sensitive to be useful. Will need to drive more to understand it better.

I've noticed that my light show seems to be lacking compared to some of the others that have been posted (for example, mine stays completely dark as the FWD opens). Is there a significant difference in headlights and fog lamps between configurations?

@akira3d The fog lights are part of the PUP, so if you didn't opt for that package you wouldn't have the fog lights. (Which are the lights the flash during the initial FWD opening.) If you purchased the PUP you should make sure that your fog lights are working...

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
Downloaded Christmas morning 8.0 1.50 180.No AP

IMG_0740.JPG

We went to get in the car this morning. Seat was set for me, and I was going to drive. While I unplugged, my wife got in the passenger side. She keeps her key in her bag.

I walked forward and the door opened, but the car decided that her key was the one to use, so the seat started to move to her profile. I had to then squeeze in and select my profile.

So it seems to assume the first key found rather than the one by the drivers door ( which it must sense, since she was completely inside before it opened as I approached)

So far from perfect

(Of course, then I had to re-adjust the EQ, which was all sixes, then the homelink didn't chime, because it was unset, then I had to wait for a full rescan of my USB, before I could get music - every one of the goodies spoilt by a silly bug)

• Informative
Reactions: Blastphemy
I think you simply had to select your profile from the drop down menu, and everything would have readjusted to your profile.
Well obviously that is what I did - what I was drawing attention to was he fact that the car is supposed to use the fob to recognize who is driving and adjust automatically. But it didn't, it actually moved the settings to the wrong profile based on who got into the passenger seat

Well obviously that is what I did - what I was drawing attention to was he fact that the car is supposed to use the fob to recognize who is driving and adjust automatically. But it didn't, it actually moved the settings to the wrong profile based on who got into the passenger seat

I expected the car to use the profile, if both tied to different keys, for the first key it detects. Seems like it does this. Hard to expect it to differentiate between two wireless signals both in the car, perhaps in future the one approaching on driver side, but we don't know how all that is coded right now.

Since it is detecting my key in order to open the drivers door, I had 'hoped' that in that case, my key would take precedence. I am not surprised that the first key is the one used, just another disappointment that a good idea is negated by sloppy or inappropriate implementation- as a result, in this use case, the fob detection does the exact opposite of what is intended

• Helpful
Reactions: Xminus6
We went to get in the car this morning. Seat was set for me, and I was going to drive. While I unplugged, my wife got in the passenger side. She keeps her key in her bag.

I walked forward and the door opened, but the car decided that her key was the one to use, so the seat started to move to her profile. I had to then squeeze in and select my profile.

So it seems to assume the first key found rather than the one by the drivers door ( which it must sense, since she was completely inside before it opened as I approached)

So far from perfect

I'm not trying to be a wiseguy, but if your wife was already seated in the car, why couldn't she just select your profile for you, so you wouldn't have had to squeeze in?

Since it is detecting my key in order to open the drivers door, I had 'hoped' that in that case, my key would take precedence. I am not surprised that the first key is the one used, just another disappointment that a good idea is negated by sloppy or inappropriate implementation- as a result, in this use case, the fob detection does the exact opposite of what is intended

I really think this is expecting too much. What you are hoping for may very well require different hardware.

Tesla solved the problem for the common situation in which one person and one fob are approaching the car, and the profile currently set in the car is not the profile of the person approaching. I have to think that the situation that involves two fobs approaching at the same time is a significantly more rare situation.

Also, we are smart people. For situations where we are approaching the car with two fobs we have choices we can make as good workarounds. For example, once we figure out for certain which fob the car will use to set the profile--the first it recognizes or the second--we can figure out if there is a way to force it to use the other. So if by default it recognizes the first, perhaps the second unlocking the already unlocked car will force it to use the second's profile. If not, we can try to make sure that the first person to reach the car is the one who will be driving. If that simply is not convenient, since the passenger seat doesn't adjust on its own, if the car adjusts to the passenger's profile because the passenger got there first, the passenger can just select the driver's profile.

Yes, all of these are work-arounds, but they are pretty simple workarounds.

Tesla solved, and solved pretty well the more common problem of those of us who don't fit in our significant others' profiles seating positions having to do some gymnastics in order to set our own profile when we approach the car on our own.

The current solution may not be perfect, but I think it's pretty darn good.

I bet we have a similar scenario.
My wife is considerably shorter. So it is easy for her to adjust the profile without the auto key fob adjustment. Not easy for me to squeeze in and adjust. Also I always open the door for her so she is always first in the car and she always carries her key fob too.

Linking just my key fob solves it and prevents the scenario you describe. Auto adjust for me. Manual button click for her.

Reactions: liuping
Hello Guys, need your help, Just got mine yesterday, with AP2, but really confused, I attached two pictures, dark one is mine, and one random from internet, where did I was wrong, and of course on front screen I do not see any cars or lanes, no icons of auto steering or cruise control, literally "as regular car" I asked my delivery guy, he just says when the update will be with AP you will get one, but as I know a lot of people just using a lot assistance now even with AP1 hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20160509_191749-1200x897.jpg
    IMG_20160509_191749-1200x897.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 62