Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update. Next day Power reduced with Dl_w126 error code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i'm having similar issues, got the car rooted to get more info about the errors...
these errors:

BMS_f071 ---> SM TransCon not met
BMS_w107 ---> SW Cell Voltage sensor

Tesla says I need a new pack $30,000 Canadian !!!

while I can see all BMS cell voltages from all cells I don't get it why there is a cell voltage sensor error!
Wow, way more info than I was privy to. Reading other’s problem posts there were a wide variety of causes for similar results: loose battery connection, faulty AC/DC transformer… Have you made progress toward a solution? If Tesla really is training their folks to do the battery sort and repair, perhaps that will radiate out to all their service centers.

Reactions: rickyjb
Oops, says Nicole at Tesla. She had a miscommunication with the tech and they do not repair the battery. Oh, and, you need a new drive unit. So the drive unit and battery will be $18,000. How would you like to proceed?

Can’t afford it.

Then when are you going to pick up the car?

So they charged me $176 for diagnosis, and the tow there and back is $820. I asked if they, Tesla, would take any responsibility for the financial impact of the misunderstanding. No.

Color me disappointed. Yeah, and I am angry. I had clarified twice on the phone this was for a battery repair, not replacement.

No problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Veggen
Oops, says Nicole at Tesla. She had a miscommunication with the tech and they do not repair the battery. Oh, and, you need a new drive unit. So the drive unit and battery will be $18,000. How would you like to proceed?

Can’t afford it.

Then when are you going to pick up the car?

So they charged me $176 for diagnosis, and the tow there and back is $820. I asked if they, Tesla, would take any responsibility for the financial impact of the misunderstanding. No.

Color me disappointed. Yeah, and I am angry. I had clarified twice on the phone this was for a battery repair, not replacement.

No problem.
Can you get back in line with gruber?

Received the 2020.48.37.6 update and the next time I drove the car (returning from a short shopping trip) the car beeped at me and displayed the error.

Prior to this I had no noises (milling). The error code clears after shut down. The error appears and reduces power after a city block of driving.

2013 Model S 85, rear motor, 86,734 miles. Out of warranty (car, battery, drivetrain).

We love our car. I texted Tesla with the info and asked if they can read my car remotely for more info. The nearest service center is 300 miles. No word back from Tesla.

I am going to hard reset the car and use the wheel size change to also reset it. I will also pump up the tires to see if that has any effect (could not see any were low).

I am handy. I personally installed 40 345 watt solar panels, the 15K inverter, two Tesla 2.0 PowerWalls, Tesla 80 AMP wall charger. Not afraid to pull the S apart but need some clues.

Any thoughts?
I wish there was consistent support/behavior from all Service Centers. Once I have an official appt on the books, service advisors do respond to my text msgs.

I finally got my car serviced. Mine was a loose wire to the fuse box. :( Diagnosis and tighten the wire = $260, definitely not the worst

Hi. Do you know which fuse box had the loose wire. Was It the one on top of the 12v battery or one of the fuse boxes that has the smaller fuses in it. I started to have HV battery issues after a 12v replacement. Could be a coincidence but feels connected. I’d hate to think a tech left a loose wire and that’s been the source of all my problems although I’d gladly take that at this point. Thanks

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20230116_185758679.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20230116_185758679.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 203