Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates (new owners)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondered how many people who’ve picked their cars up in the last 4 weeks or so have had a software update? I’m still running on fairly old v9 software, collected early Dec.

I have FOMO.
it's quite a common problem.
Go onto the app and schedule a service for the reason of "software". doesn't matter when or where you schedule it (you wont be going)
Tesla will remotely check you car then push out the update.
happened to me. they pushed me an update within 2 hours

Reactions: RichKK
it's quite a common problem.
Go onto the app and schedule a service for the reason of "software". doesn't matter when or where you schedule it (you wont be going)
Tesla will remotely check you car then push out the update.
happened to me. they pushed me an update within 2 hours

Thanks for the tip, although, I already have a service appointment for Jan to get the snags fixed. I guess I could add it to that...

My last updates came as a notification when the car was on LTE, even though the download would normally be expected to take place via Wifi ... so, not being on wifi shouldn't necessarily be a barrier to at least receiving the update notification.

iirc that feature only came available in v10 - prior versions to that for regular updates, you got no notification until you were on wifi.

There is a little hidden feature of the car that can force an update check, but it only works if your vin has been assigned an update.

Go to software menu in the car. Change the slider to advanced and tap the "advanced" word about 15 times rapidly.

If your car is due an update it will start the download.

It's been found is a hoax. Just opening the software updates screen checks. But it really doesn't magically get any updates. Software has to be published to the car, you can't pull it.

When I collected my M3P it was on V9 and reading various reports suggested I could be in for a long wait. Ignore all the posts about tapping advanced 15 times while standing on one leg etc. - it has no impact.

I started creating a service request and 1hr later the firmware started to download. Coincidence?

Interestingly - in V10 it tells you that it's checking for latest firmware. In V9 it gave no indication that it was even checking.