Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version New Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imgur

I updated the car an hour ago to .7 . However, it says on the app and car screen that the update failed and now I get errors with no turn signals, no headlights working, car making humming noise.... I hope Tesla Service team can fix this over the air@@

I had the same problem with the update. Scheduled an apt with Tesla. The texted me and are working on it now over the air. Will update when they are done.

I had the same problem with the update. Scheduled an apt with Tesla. The texted me and are working on it now over the air. Will update when they are done.

After speaking to Tesla Service agent on the phone and having him try to fix it over the air (failed..), the agent recommended me to drive straight to Service Center and have this fix asap (since it's a safety concern when I have to drive to work at night without headlight and turn signals...). Right now the car is at Service Center for 3 hours and on-going, while I have a loaner (old model S). I see the update keep popping up on my screen, then failing to install, then popping up again... Guess they are testing and trying...

Reactions: empiredown
After speaking to Tesla Service agent on the phone and having him try to fix it over the air (failed..), the agent recommended me to drive straight to Service Center and have this fix asap (since it's a safety concern when I have to drive to work at night without headlight and turn signals...). Right now the car is at Service Center for 3 hours and on-going, while I have a loaner (old model S). I see the update keep popping up on my screen, then failing to install, then popping up again... Guess they are testing and trying...
Well at least they’re trying to fix it. Probably will have to load the whole os on it

Reactions: IronMeow
Imgur

I updated the car an hour ago to .7 . However, it says on the app and car screen that the update failed and now I get errors with no turn signals, no headlights working, car making humming noise.... I hope Tesla Service team can fix this over the air@@

They tried to fix mine and have diagnosed it as a failed right Headlight. Going in tomorrow to try to get it fixed

Update: They had to replace front headlights in order to get the update through (not sure why...?!). But finally I got the car back today and everything seems to work (yes, HVAC sync is now available).

Just got an update from Tesla

Here is what it says on the invoice

Reviewed vehicle log data. Tested operation of both vehicle headlights. Found right headlight inoperative. Tested connector and power. Found no issue. Removed and replaced right headlight assembly. Found new headlight operating properly. Updated vehicle firmware and programmed new right side headlight. Performed function testing. Verified both headlights now operating as expected with no faults or alerts in system.

unless some one can explain this to me (I'm new to Tesla) I'm going to upgrade the software the same way I upgrade my MacPro. I back it up often and I only apply releases (yes the major releases like Catalina) after 6 months that it's been out.

It doesn't work that way... They push updates when they are ready. You risk drama with your car if you don't accept/update in a timely manner when notified to do so. Is what it is...

delaying tesla ota updates - Google Search

SS

2020.5.10.3 for me too. LR with FSD and VIN in 500s.

Looking forward to 2020.12.1 to read signal lights and stops signs, getting one step closer to autonomous driving on streets.

Can you currently see FSD options in the autpilot menu? I have FSD but can't see summon/auto lane change/etc. Tech support told me this morning that it's not currently available on Model Y, so just curious. Thanks!

On 2020.5.10.7 now. A couple issues:

-Easy Entry no longer works, even though I have it setup correctly. When I put the car in park, the wheel and seat do not move to the easy entry setting. If I tap on “Easy Entry” they move as they should. Same goes for when I get in the car and hit the brake. If I manually toggle between my profile and “Easy Entry”, they work.

-Autopilot speed settings (absolute and relative, and +x mph) are grey’d out and cannot be adjusted.

Anyone else notice these issues? I did a reboot, no change. Am I missing something?

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
On 2020.5.10.7 now. A couple issues:

-Easy Entry no longer works, even though I have it setup correctly. When I put the car in park, the wheel and seat do not move to the easy entry setting. If I tap on “Easy Entry” they move as they should. Same goes for when I get in the car and hit the brake. If I manually toggle between my profile and “Easy Entry”, they work.

-Autopilot speed settings (absolute and relative, and +x mph) are grey’d out and cannot be adjusted.

Anyone else notice these issues? I did a reboot, no change. Am I missing something?

No, I have 5.10.7 and all of my settings are working correctly.

I would setup an appointment with service. They will remotely diagnose and then probably reinstall the software and fix the problem.

When you setup the apt they will reach out to you ahead of time and work through it without you having to go in

(If there is nothing wrong with the car like there was with mine).

Let us know what it is once you figure it out

Keith

Reactions: preilly44