Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarCity (SCTY)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of the current uptrend is based on ITC extension hope?

Just as price has been going up, the short interest has been going up equally fiercely. I have three different ways to track the 'current' data. The fight between bulls and bears has reached a fever pitch. I can't exaggerate it enough. Who will win is anybody's guess. I am still on the sidelines.

How much of the current uptrend is based on ITC extension hope?

Just as price has been going up, the short interest has been going up equally fiercely. I have three different ways to track the 'current' data. The fight between bulls and bears has reached a fever pitch. I can't exaggerate it enough. Who will win is anybody's guess. I am still on the sidelines.

I think is priced as a toss up. I'm not sure what probably of favorable outcome market players may give it. But as a toss up, if their is a favorable extention, the price can move up, and if not, the price can move down. So naturally all sorts of investors may well sit on the sidelines, rather than placing a bet on which way congress will swing.

My view is that the stock is still quite undervalued. I think buyers can wait for Congress to do what Congress does and then pick up shares at a good price, whether the bump is positive or negative.

Hijacking of trusted brands is the new black... Kochs and APS are deeply into hijacking...

ASU Foundations $100,000 Gift is Completely Irregular

hijacking "sleeper" cell network...

Kochtopia: The GOP culture of corruption in Arizona | Blog for Arizona

its interesting when certain political candidates court the Kochs for their extensive "database." What they're really after is their clandestine operative network of front groups that can disguise attacks, promote propaganda/agenda as coming from falsely objective sources, as well as laundry bride money to elected operatives.

i feel we're living in an episode of some prime time domestic terrorism show...

Last edited:
Here's another example from Florida and the cell network in action there against rooftop solar today.

Floridians for Solar Choice organizers maintain theyre still going strong - Florida Politics

- - - Updated - - -

Solarcity is really going to see some dramatic cost savings using copper instead of the industry standard silver in panel production.

cost of copper is 7 times cheaper the silver right now. 7 times cheaper... At a gigawatt level... Over 3.6mln panels... That's some incredible costs savings...

cant wait to hear the new cost guidance next week...

Brent down 5% settling well below $38!

Paris talks leaning toward a Saturday announcement of a fairly robust agreement.

SCTY up 2%. Short position on SCTY above 50%. We're going to make a ton of money in this stock.

It's a bonfire of fossils.

WTI crude is down 3% to $35.6/bbl and hearing oil is down 6%. Gas is hitting support just below $2/MMBTU, but with heating oil falling, gas should collapse too.

IEA sees no price recovery for oil in 2016. Demand for oil is expected to grow only 1.2 mb/d in 2016, down from 1.8 mb/d in 2015.

I'm looking forward to the day when oil consumption falls y/y. Adding 30 million plug-in vehicles in 2017 would alone knock out the 1.2 mb/d in incremental demand for oil. Fortunately, we don't have to wait until EVs can deliver that kind of death blow. Global solar is getting quite close. Consider that solar reaches about 233GW this year. Using fossil fuels in steam turbines, this increment is the equivalent of offsetting 1.65 mb/d in demand for all fossil fuels. No doubt some fraction of total demand destruction is specifically pulling demand from oil. Next, year solar will add about 30% more which is about 0.5 mb/d of incremental fossil demand destruction. Wind too can destroy about as much. While the current glut of fossils seems to be fossil supply driven, in not too many years the fossil glut will be demand driven and consumers increasing switch to renewables.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.