Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarCity (SCTY)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this wait is killing me. Looks like a deal between leaders is reached (finally!). Oil exports getting a nod. Still not very clear what solar is getting. Wind PTC for (at least) 2 years is certainly in the bag. Can't wait for the full text.

Man this wait is killing me. Looks like a deal between leaders is reached (finally!). Oil exports getting a nod. Still not very clear what solar is getting. Wind PTC for (at least) 2 years is certainly in the bag. Can't wait for the full text.

DONE :)
Lawmakers have agreed to lift the four-decade-old ban on crude oil exports as part of a spending and tax package announced by congressional leadership on Tuesday night, according to a GOP lawmaker.
In exchange, Republicans agreed to extend a series of expired or expiring renewable energy tax breaks. Both the wind Production Tax Credit and the solar Investment Tax Credit won five-year extensions in the tax package unveiled on Tuesday, the GOP lawmaker said.

DONE :)
Lawmakers have agreed to lift the four-decade-old ban on crude oil exports as part of a spending and tax package announced by congressional leadership on Tuesday night, according to a GOP lawmaker.
In exchange, Republicans agreed to extend a series of expired or expiring renewable energy tax breaks. Both the wind Production Tax Credit and the solar Investment Tax Credit won five-year extensions in the tax package unveiled on Tuesday, the GOP lawmaker said.

AWESOME!!!!

Tomorrow it's gonna be fireworks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Now I can breathe easy. Sweet dreams people!!

Appreciate all the good work here. Thanks to everyone!

Extended as in at 30% or with the 5% stepdowns proposed? I guess I'll just wait til morning and watch the chaos on a good night's sleep. Still wish I'd had the cash to dump in at $26, but what you gonna do. Those $1 2017 calls @ $60 & $70 are looking like gold Jerry!

Speaking of call options.....2018's were wildly expensive today and folks were still buying a bit. What's the rationale there? Why pay $7 for $70 calls when you can just buy shares for $40?

U.S. House Republicans plan to file a government funding bill on Tuesday night that will include a provision lifting the U.S. ban on crude oil exports, congressman Reid Ribble said.
"The oil export ban is lifted," Ribble said.
Ribble, a Wisconsin Republican, also said the spending bill will include tax credits for wind and solar power but they are temporary and expire in several years.
"The tax credits on wind and solar go down each year until they expire," Ribble said after a Republican caucus meeting. These credits were requested by Democrats.

I'm fine with that, it's actually better really. 4Q urgency to get installs online before year end is what drove Germany installs through the roof. (Add)2GW in December of 2011 alone!

Looks like 5 year phase out expiring in 2022. Commence construction also included, so projects started in ITC year will get tax credit even if completed years later.

Add:
Text of the deal is in the omnibus bill, not the tax extenders bill... Omnibus text not out yet... Expected omnibus bill to be posted by 11pm tonight pacific time.

add2:
according to the omnibus: 30%(2017-2019) 26%(2020) 22%(2021)

wow. Short squeeze. Bye bye chanos and gordon johnson!

Last edited:
Did anyone else's option order go through yesterday?

The spread on some of the calls is just silly, but I was able to snatch up some $50 Jan16 calls at a reasonobale premium :)

At least there's some OpenInt on some of these nice round number strikes.

Did anyone else's option order go through yesterday?

The spread on some of the calls is just silly, but I was able to snatch up some $50 Jan16 calls at a reasonobale premium :)

At least there's some OpenInt on some of these nice round number strikes.

I have a boatload of April 40 calls for sale. Not sure whether to cash out today ahead of the FED announcement, or wait for the vote.

Its gonna be a bonfire of shorts. Fed is the last thing I would worry about.

bartglass.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.