Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just heard from my SA that my car finished production yesterday afternoon (VIN 357XXX, assigned 1/12). Still waiting to hear on the new hardware upgrades. EDD range still showing 1/27 to 2/4.

Is the build date based on VIN creation or assembly completion?

Just heard from my SA that my car finished production yesterday afternoon (VIN 357XXX, assigned 1/12). Still waiting to hear on the new hardware upgrades. EDD range still showing 1/27 to 2/4.

Is the build date based on VIN creation or assembly completion?
read post #489 for more info.
You have answered your own question:
Your VIN was 1/12
Production: 1/14
Meaning that VINs are assigned prior to production.

You have answered your own question:
Your VIN was 1/12
Production: 1/14
Meaning that VINs are assigned prior to production.
My question is when people say "build date" are the they referring to when the VIN was assigned or when the vehicle finished production. I didn't receive any notification once the VIN was assigned and just happened to log into my account and see it.

My question is when people say "build date" are the they referring to when the VIN was assigned or when the vehicle finished production. I didn't receive any notification once the VIN was assigned and just happened to log into my account and see it.
Build date is production complete and is only available via Tesla or a scanner.

Reactions: mwdietertg
I'm still waiting to see the first confirmed MYP with Ryzen - but looking hopeful.

I posted a picture yesterday in another one of these "ryzen" threads of a demo model Y P that I test drove yesterday (01/14/2022) that had the ryzen. It was so new as a demo it was still calibrating its cameras. I didnt dig in the menu to see how many miles it had on it because we only had 30 minutes for the test drive, and my wife was going to drive it.

I did take a picture of the screen showing the processor though, as I was curious to what it had. Here is that same pic I shared yesterday, of a model Y performance at my local service center with Ryzen.

IMG_1083.JPG

I'm taking delivery of my MYLR with serial 362XXX. Has anybody else seen a vin in this range? It seems so different from from the others reported here.

Also in the paperwork it showed that the vehicle has 15mi on the odometer. Is this typical?
I've seen one other 362XXX on this forum somewhere. 15 miles on the odometer is what they use as a placeholder on all the paperwork by default. Mine showed 15 miles as well but the car actually had less than that upon delivery.

Does 362 have AMD?
Honestly we don’t know. It seems like some builds are getting AMD’s while others are getting Intel even if the build date is later than the AMD car. It’s all a gamble at this point. You can always reach out to your SA to find out if you got the AMD chip or not. That’s what I did and it turned out to be true in my case when I picked up the car.