Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there been a single confirmed DELIVERY in the past month with Intel? Unfortunately the reps are a very poor source of information.
The latest Intel cars were only built last week so it will take time for those to be delivered if they are going east. Most of those seem to be MYP. Reps can see the build data so unless they are just feeding you a line to get you off the phone, their data will be spot on.

Reactions: DrGriz
To continue my story...

My MYLR order got a VIN of F377xxx assigned. The local SA first confirmed it had AMD Ryzen and the Li-ion battery, but another non-local SA said it definitely had the Atom. My local SA then rechecked and agreed it had the Atom.

I wish I could have personally confirmed the car had an Atom, but the car wasn't to be delivered for another 10 days and the local SA had another VIN matching my order with an AMD Ryzen I could switch to. I couldn't afford to wait and lose the other VIN, but I see no reason to believe both SAs were wrong about the F377xxx VIN being an Atom. Otherwise why would they go through the hassle of finding me another VIN?

Anyway, here is my data point for what it's worth:

The F377xxx VIN with the Atom was built 2/11. The new VIN I got is F375xxx with Ryzen and built 2/12.

So assuming the SAs are correct, this confirms a couple of things we have been discussing. First, there appears to be a mix MYs with recent build dates which could have Atom or Ryzen CPUs.

Second, the VIN numbers don't exactly conform to the build date since the F375 VIN is one day newer than the F377 VIN. I don't think anyone with an F375 VIN can be assured they will have a Ryzen or that an F377 VIN will have an Atom.

Of course the SAs could be totally wrong but IMO, I don't think so. I should get the F375 VIN in less than 2 weeks and then I'll know for sure what it has.

MYLR, white ext, black int, Gemini, 5 seat, has towing, no FSD
OD 9/12

So you're saying that Fremont was building INTEL cars for only ONE week????
This is in fact the case. There have been dozens of TMC members reporting intel chips with manufacturing dates in the past week, which probably corresponds to thousands in the wild. Take a look at the MYP delivery thread where most of these are mentioned. Sorry skeptics, this isn’t a conspiracy of SAs reporting false information or TMC members just wanting attention with fake reports. The reason we haven’t seen photos yet is because many of these vehicles are still in transit.

Reactions: DrGriz and blodg1
I talked to two SAs and they both confirmed Intel CPU and non-li-ion battery for my NF380XXX VIN (MYLR).

Is there any chance that both of them could be wrong about that spec? I'll be picking it up next week and looking at how much slower the infotainment seems with the Intel CPU compared to AMD (source
), I'm wondering if it's worth accepting the delivery.

I talked to two SAs and they both confirmed Intel CPU and non-li-ion battery for my NF380XXX VIN (MYLR).

Is there any chance that both of them could be wrong about that spec? I'll be picking it up next week and looking at how much slower the infotainment seems with the Intel CPU compared to AMD (source
), I'm wondering if it's worth accepting the delivery.
When was your build date?