Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some customers are getting offer of $7500 off + 10k free miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order is on hold, what guarantee do I have if I remove the hold hoping to take delivery by 12/31? It's also possible that there won't be a vehicle ready, right? Unless I want to take delivery of an inventory vehicle.

An order on hold might (possibly) be sold out from under you given the end of the quarter and the year and the current frenzy of Tesla attempting to sell every car they have made, and of every model type. Depends on how badly you want the car, and if you gamble trying to think what they'll come up with next. I have studied this company for 10 years, and I've never seen them look this desperate at quarter's end. They might think this move will allow their stock price to not slide further. It won't. It could do the opposite because it looks bad.

Reactions: PewPew and tonyz1
I am taking delivery of a 2023 MYLR5 MSM/Blk on 12/24. I just saw the news of the $7500 discount. Someone had mentioned to check your MVPA and sure enough the $7500 discount was there! Awesome since I would not qualify for next year's tax credit

And more! You'll also benefit from the state sales tax difference (it is off the gross price of the car), so another thousand$ Then 10K free SuperCharging miles. If you use all those miles (within 2 years), might be another $900 worth with what you pay for SC'ing in Cali.

The problem with waiting for last min there may not be one available at ones sales center. I just checked mine and they are all LR. Even in a radius of 200 miles there are slim pickings which will get worse today. Now if Tesla really wants to push 1st quarter number ls they keep this discount and make it combine with the tax credit. That would be a smokin deal. You never know. Win some lose some. Got mine in May and been perfect. No regrets.

What happens if you take delivery Dec 22?
Text from Tesla:
Should you proceed with picking up your new vehicle between now and December 31, 2022, you will receive a $7.500 price adjustment from Tesla. This will reduce the overall cost of your vehicle, regardless of your payment type. This adjustment will be applied to your order automatically and will reflect by your scheduled pickup date. Thank you!

So I have a model Y LR AWD I ordered in Feb 2022 at a $3000 discount from current price. Originally scheduled for Feb 2023 delivery. Order in hold. Should I / could I unhold the delivery / take delivery by Dec 31 2022 and get Feb 2022 pricing ($3000 less) with additional $7500 off and 10k supercharger miles? Or just wait ... I will qualify for federal 2023 us tax rebate. Thoughts?

So I have a model Y LR AWD I ordered in Feb 2022 at a $3000 discount from current price. Originally scheduled for Feb 2023 delivery. Order in hold. Should I / could I unhold the delivery / take delivery by Dec 31 2022 and get Feb 2022 pricing ($3000 less) with additional $7500 off and 10k supercharger miles? Or just wait ... I will qualify for federal 2023 us tax rebate. Thoughts?
Interesting dilemma. Call them and ask if you can get the same price as our existing reservation plus the $7500. If the answer is yes, you'd be stupid not to take it.

Man, if you line all that up, that's a big W!! Text them to see if they can make that happen.

What's the latest with FSD and trade-ins? I'd consider trading in my 2020 3 DM/AWD on a Y if they'd buy back the FSD (that I paid $8K for).
Don't bother doing a trade-in. I made an additional $10400 by doing a private sale two weeks ago vs the best offer from Tesla, Vroom, Caravan, and Driveway.com. FSD is pretty much worthless on the used car market from what I could tell.

I sold a 2018 Model 3 LR RWD, 75k miles with FSD for $32400. Private sale values are not bad. Trade-in values are garbage.

Reactions: Daekwan