Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some days I feel like this ..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sir Guacamolaf

The good kind of fat
Mar 15, 2016
Not in a Tesla
upload_2017-7-7_13-10-24.png

Is it just me?

Haha, yes and no. Do I wish I had AP2? Sure. Do I wish I had waited instead of getting my car four months before it came out? Not really.

Everyone with AP2 will also wish they had AP3 or whatever it's called when it gets refreshed next. Welcome to technology!

Just imagine how someone in a 20 year old ICE feels!

That feeling made me switch to AP2. I guess it's because I joined at a decent time (17.4), but I'm actually really liking the journey and watching AP2 improve.

I guess I'm a pathologically ADHD person who gets bored when things stay still, regardless of how relatively good it is.
This is the sort of thing that tilts me towards leasing... <sigh>. :D

Haha, yes and no. Do I wish I had AP2? Sure. Do I wish I had waited instead of getting my car four months before it came out? Not really.

Everyone with AP2 will also wish they had AP3 or whatever it's called when it gets refreshed next. Welcome to technology!

Just imagine how someone in a 20 year old ICE feels!

I have AP0. Wish I had waited two weeks for AP1.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sir Guacamolaf
@Petra do you think that is because Tesla cannot improve it, or won't improve it?
Well, there are certainly some small refinements that I think they'll likely make eventually. However, we're talking about a system that only has a single camera, single radar, and a few nearly worthless ultrasonics... the mere fact that it works as well as it does is pretty impressive.

• Informative
According to Mobileye, there is quite a bit more that AP1 cars can expect PROVIDED Tesla is prepared to activate them for us. Not sure if they have an agreement with Mobileye regarding existing hardware, but I would be VERY miffed if they don't!!
Stop sign and red light recognition are just two of them.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Tessie 1 - P85 (2012)
Tessie 2 - 90D (2016) - AP1, 2 months before AP2

When AP2 was announced I had extreme buyers remorse for ... about 3 or 4 minutes, I cannot remember ... then I sat back and simply enjoyed the better fit and finish, new nose, all wheel drive, autosteer, funky clock, and even saying the words "engage biodefense mode" (try doing that with a passenger and see the reaction - fun!)

Owning a Tesla is a journey - enjoy it the ride.