Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Tesla hate on the highway...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving in Orlando yesterday with my wife on a road trip and got my first Tesla hate. Was on NAP and stable in a single lane, so I know I didn’t do anything abnormal. Anyway, a red Mercedes SUV pulled in front of us in the left lane and opened the passenger window and flicked us off then pulled back with the passenger and driver laughing as I shook my head and smiled at them.

Tried to get the jackass on the dash cam, but for some reason the clip didn’t save.

Reminded me of the old joke. What’s the difference between a porcupine and a Mercedes? On a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.
Clearly, the Mercedes driver has never been pulled over and had the absolute <sugar> beat out of him.

As a motorcycle rider, Teslas esp Model 3 drivers, are a new form of Prius drivers.
Two important things:

1. I do wish that Autosteer would keep the car either to the left side of the lane when in left most lane, and to the right most side of the lane if in the 2nd to left most lane. Otherwise, middle of the lane is perfect. That "helps" lane splitting motorcycle riders.

2. I can assure you I drive nothing like a Prius driver, and for anyone to hurl such an insult in an unwarranted fashion is uncalled for in a civilized society.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 89
As a car driver, I find motorcycle drivers in California mostly terrifying (lane splitting seems to be almost always done unsafely and illegally). Can you elaborate on what you meant by this?

FYI, in case you're not aware -- there are many ways to violate while splitting (e.g. actually crossing the stripe, unsafe differences in speed, etc.) -- but splitting is lawful in CA.

As a car driver, I find motorcycle drivers in California mostly terrifying (lane splitting seems to be almost always done unsafely and illegally). Can you elaborate on what you meant by this?

Two important things:

1. I do wish that Autosteer would keep the car either to the left side of the lane when in left most lane, and to the right most side of the lane if in the 2nd to left most lane. Otherwise, middle of the lane is perfect. That "helps" lane splitting motorcycle riders.

2. I can assure you I drive nothing like a Prius driver, and for anyone to hurl such an insult in an unwarranted fashion is uncalled for in a civilized society.

I've been lane splitting in California for 13 years. It may seem dangerous but it's like running between people walking down the sidewalk. It's not too difficult at a reasonable speed differential and if everyone else walks straight.

Tesla drivers have been way above average at driving straight. I've never had one swerve while splitting passed them. I think it's mainly autopilot. Other expensive cars tend to be driven better as well. Maybe it's the threat of the bike damaging their car. I don't know. My bike is electric though, so maybe they don't notice me at all or think I'm still far away. But it was still the same with my gas bikes, ah I don't know.

Isn't that lovely and so low class. We live in a world of rude and crude people who feel it's their place to put others down and bully others. Sounds like someone hating upcoming autonomus driving not necessarily the car possibly, because at some point there will be more cars on the road with the same/similar features.

That is learned behaviour. There is a whole generation of kids learning that the kind of behaviour that comes out of the whitehouse is completely normal....and we’ll get you further in this world.

Just sayin.

That is learned behaviour. There is a whole generation of kids learning that the kind of behaviour that comes out of the whitehouse us completely normal....and we’ll get you further in this world.

Just sayin.
Then there was the Tesla video of kids egging a Tesla and laughing at the driver as they drove by. I think the driver went to the police with the incriminating video.

Until recently (now there are a few 3's here) most Teslas I saw in our area appeared to be through traffic often with out of state plates. The norm is that they are driving well above the speed limit. I don't know how the drivers keep their licenses. And I see no similarity with how Priuses are driven. Is the grouping with Prius drivers based on perceived politics?

• Funny
Reactions: ReddykwRun
Status
Not open for further replies.