Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone debadged my car [resolved - not stolen after all]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went shopping and when I came back I noticed a white Model 3 just like mine parked right next to me. I got confused when I looked at what I thought was my car but was missing the Dual Motor Performance badge. I had to look at the rims to make sure it was my car. Then I realized some jerk debadged my car. I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence and if it's some kind of trend like when people used to steal VW badges way back when. Does anyone know where I can get a Dual Motor performance badge? I don't like all of the empty space in that spot and I prefer to have my car badged.

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki
No. I didn't have it on. Forgot to turn it. I think it may have happened last week when I went to the beach since the car has been in my apartment garage the entire week. It could have fallen off though since my spoiler is starting to peel off. I have to get that looked at.

No. I didn't have it on. Forgot to turn it. I think it may have happened last week when I went to the beach since the car has been in my apartment garage the entire week. It could have fallen off though since my spoiler is starting to peel off. I have to get that looked at.

You should be able to get one from the tesla service center. My car came without one (in 2018 they didnt even have the proper badge to put on model 3 performance vehicles), so they gave it to us a few months later. Im sure its a part that can be ordered from the SC.

Sorry that happened-it is not very nice. I'm surprised it came off that easily. When I was active on the Infiniti G35 board there were a seemingly large group of people who wanted to debadge (their own cars!) and described how they carefully and slowly did it with a heat gun (or was it a hair dryer) and dental floss. They seemed hard to remove but maybe ours are not as well glued.

Does anyone know where I can get a Dual Motor performance badge?
There's lots of aftermarket "Dual Motor" badges available, such as this one:

Search for "tesla dual motor badge" to find more.

I'm not so sure if someone took it off and it didn't just fall off.
On my 2021 M3LR the DUAL MOTOR badge is all individual letters. If yours was the same, I doubt they'd all fall off at the same time.

Coincidentally, this morning I noticed the L on mine is crooked. Someday, my OCD will get the best of me and I'll think about doing something about it.

dual-motor_badge.jpg

Reactions: Doggiedog
On my 2021 M3LR the DUAL MOTOR badge is all individual letters. If yours was the same, I doubt they'd all fall off at the same time.

Coincidentally, this morning I noticed the L on mine is crooked. Someday, my OCD will get the best of me and I'll think about doing something about it.

View attachment 699224
If/when you do do something about it, here's some suggestions:
  • MODULATOR
  • ULTRA DOOM
  • MR OLD AUTO
  • ADULT ROOM

then set your garage as a favourite place and then it wont switch on there. forgetting to turn sentry mode on is a poor excuse -it is always frustrating (for the OT) that things happen and sentry mode just so happens to be off. Yes it costs money, yes it is absolutely worth it.