Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Something other than a Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MS 100D. Looking to replace it with a 2024 MS. However since Musk removed the stalks, the new MS is no longer a fit for me. I've enjoyed the range, performance and charging stations with my Tesla. Next year BMW will be able to charge at Tesla Superchargers. Now looking at the i4 and i5 to replace my 100D. Any thoughts?

Reactions: TLLMRRJ and easyev
I have a MS 100D. Looking to replace it with a 2024 MS. However since Musk removed the stalks, the new MS is no longer a fit for me. I've enjoyed the range, performance and charging stations with my Tesla. Next year BMW will be able to charge at Tesla Superchargers. Now looking at the i4 and i5 to replace my 100D. Any thoughts?

You should take a look at Lucid.

Tesla Model S $74,990 with 402 miles

Lucid Air Pure AWD $68,975 with 410 miles.

Lucid has a bigger frunk and much more room for humans inside. Tesla seems to be designed for robots, while Lucid is designed for humans.

The disadvantage is that it lacks its own charging network, but I drove my Lucid from California to the East Coast and back fine except for minor frustrations with unreliable Electrify Ameria (waiting line, inaccurate available status, broken stalls...)

I love the Lucid's responsiveness when I manually steered through the winding roads on the Appalachian mountains.

If you use a referral link, you get an additional $750 discount/rebate and more for higher trims AT, GT, and Sapphire.

I have a 2022 Tacan 4S. EPA range 230 miles. Real world range (drive with a lead foot) - 275 miles on the performance (93 kw) battery. Never miss my model S. The gears and sport sound along with handling are beyond this world. I gave up my free supercharging and connectivity. Do not regret a bit. DC fast charging at EA takes about 15 min (250-270 kw up to 65% SoC). EA network is expanding slowly - much better than just a few years ago but still not the same as Tesla supercharger network. Hopefully this will be rectified with the shift to NACS by porsche sometime in 2025 (model year 2026)

The new 2025 Taycan has better range and refinement over the previous platform - albeit with polarizing looks when compared to Gen 1. Charging curve is also better.

Life is too short for pledging allegiance to just one car company.

What is that?

Taycan has a 2-speed gearbox which gives a slight gear shift feeling when accelerating. Gives me that connected feeling I was missing with the tesla. There are obviously pro's and con's to this approach but I like it. Same with sport sound. It was a $600 gimmicky mp3 option that just pumps the electronic motor sound through the cabin. It revs's up as you accelerate

I know it all sounds gimmicky but when you combine with the whole package, it feels more visceral to drive the car

• Funny
Reactions: WyoDude
Taycan has a 2-speed gearbox which gives a slight gear shift feeling when accelerating. Gives me that connected feeling I was missing with the tesla. There are obviously pro's and con's to this approach but I like it. Same with sport sound. It was a $600 gimmicky mp3 option that just pumps the electronic motor sound through the cabin. It revs's up as you accelerate

I know it all sounds gimmicky but when you combine with the whole package, it feels more visceral to drive the car
Gear shifting doesn't seem silly. Is that for overdrive?

I second the Lucid advice if you are done with Tesla. I had a Grand Touring on order until I got my S Plaid - it’s way more luxurious, better build quality, nicer materials. The difference makers for me are the maturity of the Tesla software and the supercharging network - head and shoulders above having to deal with EA.

I heard the Lucid is really buggy. Kind of like the M3 I bought in 2018. It would shut down, refuse to unlock, disconnect from bluetooth and so forth for the first 2 years.

I've been looking at the BMW i4 and i5. They have a weak range but refined interiors and handling. Next year they will be able to charge at Tesla Supercharger stations. Any thoughts on those models?

I heard the Lucid is really buggy. Kind of like the M3 I bought in 2018. It would shut down, refuse to unlock, disconnect from bluetooth and so forth for the first 2 years.

I've been looking at the BMW i4 and i5. They have a weak range but refined interiors and handling. Next year they will be able to charge at Tesla Supercharger stations. Any thoughts on those models?

It's true that Lucid phone as a key is not perfected just like when it was first introduced in Tesla. It's not a problem for me because the car comes with 2 free fobs that work flawlessly every single time. The phone as a key issue is usually because of the settings, and the app needs to run in order to get instant response.

My Lucid was produced relatively early in 2022 which should be buggy but it's been running fine. No problems with Bluetooth for me either.

Like any car, no doubt that there are problems but it's been fine for me.

Is this the same OP who refused to do any software updates because they were afraid the left scroll wheel wouldn't control their Sirius XM favorites? I know it's tough, I have to move my thumb about 1 inch to use the turn signals.