Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Son on trip to Denver. Says Auto Pilot is horrible now (FSDB)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Son took our 2020 Y last year to Denver from Chicago and loved the auto pilot on the trip. This year, he says he is getting disengaged all over the place. For some reason he said something to the effect that it is disengaging him because it thinks he is using some kind of a device (not sure if this is a message or his theory). Either way, he said it is horrible now. We are on the FSD Beta.

To his point about devices used to trick auto pilot. Is there is a specific message like this? Either way, we spent a lot of money on auto pilot and this beyond frustrating. I get that Elon has to tighten up the feature because of the issues, but this is nuts. Now my son is on their 20 hour drive disabling FSD because of this issue. To me this is counter productive to why we bought the feature. He probably is not as safe now right? Sigh.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome....

PS I tried searching on this topic and had trouble finding one that talked about usage of devices. Thus the new thread.

Dave

Reactions: 2101Guy
PS I tried searching on this topic and had trouble finding one that talked about usage of devices. Thus the new thread.

You mean like these?

• Funny
Reactions: nvx1977 and Dewg
Well, if he has been using a hands on steering wheel defeat device. Tell him to not use the device.
If he has been kicked out of FSD beta for more than 5 times, he should be on the regular AP, EAP now, which should not be any worst than last years trip.
Come to think about it, it should be safer for him now, as he has to pay attentions on the road. If he has been keeping his hands on the steering wheel, paying attention on the road and shadow steering like he is driving, he should get minimal warning from EAP and not be kicked out.