Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon to be MY owner & questions with Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I ordered a MY today and excited to join the Tesla universe!

While looking through the forums I can't seem to find anything related to Android phones and connection with the Tesla. I currently have a Ford SUV and connecting via AndroidAuto is quite simple. With AA I can stream AppleMusic, use Google Maps for naviation, listen to SXM through their app, etc. Am I limited to what I'll be able to do getting into the Tesla? Has anyone experienced any issues with connecting Android phones to the car?

Forget about android auto, doesn't work with tesla and it's incredibly frustrating. Not sure why car manufacturers insist in reinventing the wheel (pun intended). I like my model y but it would be so much better if it had android auto integration.
Another thing that you may want to prepare for is the music playing through bluetooth. Tesla only integrates Spotify in the entertainment solution. Not a bad integration but you must have a premium account to be able to use it. In my case i prefer Google Music, i find it has the largest library of music and it really works much better for me. Tough luck with Tesla as it only allows you to integrate through bluetooth AND that brings limited functionality. On top of it Google decided to retire Google Music and replace it with YouTube Music, which is OK except that YTM doesn't integrate with Tesla very well, biggest problem is no access to playlists.
I wish there was a list where people can vote on desired features for Tesla to introduce, if there is one please let me know....

Forget about android auto, doesn't work with tesla and it's incredibly frustrating. Not sure why car manufacturers insist in reinventing the wheel (pun intended). I like my model y but it would be so much better if it had android auto integration.
Another thing that you may want to prepare for is the music playing through bluetooth. Tesla only integrates Spotify in the entertainment solution. Not a bad integration but you must have a premium account to be able to use it. In my case i prefer Google Music, i find it has the largest library of music and it really works much better for me. Tough luck with Tesla as it only allows you to integrate through bluetooth AND that brings limited functionality. On top of it Google decided to retire Google Music and replace it with YouTube Music, which is OK except that YTM doesn't integrate with Tesla very well, biggest problem is no access to playlists.
I wish there was a list where people can vote on desired features for Tesla to introduce, if there is one please let me know....
How are you managing without YT music and android auto? I'm actually not a big fan of android auto, but it has the basic apps that we need while driving, is there any detail guide on Tesla available apps?