Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound Quality of Rdio & Voice Command

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am continuing to enjoy my Model S, although, I have been underwhelmed with the sound quality of Rdio. Whenever I use it the sound quality has a "fuzzy" background sound. Is this normal? I live in the UK and we only have 3G at the moment, so I am not sure if this impacts it (normally I have 3 bars of signal at least).

Secondly, can someone advise how to get the best out of the voice command system. It has been very much a miss with me so far, working roughly 2 time out of 10 for my desired result. Perhaps I am not using the correct words/phrases?

PS. I would also like to thank this community for being so Ace!! :smile:

The important things with the voice command are: 1) Hold the button down the entire time you are speaking 2) Wait till after the beep before starting to speak.

Bought my Model S last week (also UK) and have the same problem - the right-hand speakers make white noise, but left hand speakers work fine. If you adjust the audio fade/balance and move the slider to the left, the fuzzy sound goes away. I get this problem with Internet audio and playing music from a USB device. FM radio is fine with all speakers.

Can't really comment on the voice control - I've used it on two days, once it worked well, today it didn't.

Having read other posts, I'll try disconnecting my phone bluetooth connection, and possibly rebooting the screen (holding down both steering-wheel-roller-buttons for 30 seconds) to see if that works. Those other posts also say that having a USB device plugged in can cause the problem, which isn't ideal for playing music from it!

No, I just tried the above, but it didn't work - same audio symptoms.

Any suggestions welcome!

Hi all,

I am continuing to enjoy my Model S, although, I have been underwhelmed with the sound quality of Rdio. Whenever I use it the sound quality has a "fuzzy" background sound. Is this normal? I live in the UK and we only have 3G at the moment, so I am not sure if this impacts it (normally I have 3 bars of signal at least).

Secondly, can someone advise how to get the best out of the voice command system. It has been very much a miss with me so far, working roughly 2 time out of 10 for my desired result. Perhaps I am not using the correct words/phrases?

PS. I would also like to thank this community for being so Ace!! :smile: