Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system lost it's "punch" after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I'm noticing that the volume changes with vehicle speed, lowering the volume when the car slows or comes to a stop. I've wanted this feature for a while so that don't have to lower the volume after slowing from highway speeds. Am I imagining that the volume is doing this? If it's real, perhaps this dynamic volume behavior is the culprit?

Sit in the back. It's not as dynamic as it once was.

I never tried it in back, so I have no reference.

But it’s working fine in front and could care less what it sounds like in back.

I think I did notice it reset immersion and eq on the first V9 update.

The rear amp does control rear speakers and sub. But for folks with the issue I would verify EVERY driver is at least operational.

I’m pretty serious about my tunes and use it ALL the time. Mine is still working great.

I wonder if something is wonky with speed sensitive volume.

I forget, is there a factory reset in the menus somewhere?

Hmm. I'm on 42.3 I think and last night had the opportunity to ride in the back for the first time andI noticed that the sound is nowhere near as good as the front.. in fact at one point it felt like the sound was cutting off the complete sections of the vocals. Unfortunately I don't have a reference as to whether this was occuring before or not. I'll have to play around some more, hopefully it's a software issue.

I care a lot if it works in the back, that's what creates the full concert in the car. Now it's just half a concert.

Just tried it, in the back, it works just as awesome. Tried female vocals too. I tested both slacker and USB stick.

I paid $2000 extra for the Harman Kardon upgrade on my Jeep. Model 3 sounds as good.

I’m on 42.4 by the way. And all my controls are default/flat. I did try all 3 immersion levels. All sound good.

There is a factory reset under service menu. But I don’t know what that resets. Nothing in the manual.

Just tried it, in the back, it works just as awesome. Tried female vocals too. I tested both slacker and USB stick.

I paid $2000 extra for the Harman Kardon upgrade on my Jeep. Model 3 sounds as good.

I’m on 42.4 by the way. And all my controls are default/flat. I did try all 3 immersion levels. All sound good.

There is a factory reset under service menu. But I don’t know what that resets. Nothing in the manual.

I’m on 42.8

Not sure how the update number thing works but did you basically skip 4 updates?

I think I'm noticing that the volume changes with vehicle speed, lowering the volume when the car slows or comes to a stop. I've wanted this feature for a while so that don't have to lower the volume after slowing from highway speeds. Am I imagining that the volume is doing this? If it's real, perhaps this dynamic volume behavior is the culprit?

Yes, volume changes as speed of the vehicle does. :cool: