Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Internet Satellite Network: Starlink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Potential Federal subsidy for Internet may align well with Starlink in undeserved areas. It's only till end of pandemic, so impact may not be that great, but could increase adoption.

FCC approves $50 monthly internet subsidies for low-income households during pandemic - CNN
The agency's $3.2 billion Emergency Broadband Benefit Program provides eligible low-income households with up to a $50 per month credit on their internet bills through their provider until the end of the pandemic. In tribal areas, eligible households may receive up to $75 per month. The program also provides eligible households up to $100 off of one computer or tablet.

• Informative
Reactions: mspohr
IMG_1662 copy.jpg
Is there or what is the best discussion group for Starlink Beta testers? I live in Mariposa County, CA, ~37° N and surprisingly got my dishy a few days ago. I live in a forested area, but found a location with a view to the North that seems to work OK. My first 2 days of operation showed an uptime of >99.5% and some pretty amazing, but variable speeds. Then the system seemed to go down. Dishy seems to see the satellites, but it seems that they are not connected to the server. Where is the best place to get input on the status of the system and leave feedback?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: e-FTW
View attachment 640226 Is there or what is the best discussion group for Starlink Beta testers? I live in Mariposa County, CA, ~37° N and surprisingly got my dishy a few days ago. I live in a forested area, but found a location with a view to the North that seems to work OK. My first 2 days of operation showed an uptime of >99.5% and some pretty amazing, but variable speeds. Then the system seemed to go down. Dishy seems to see the satellites, but it seems that they are not connected to the server. Where is the best place to get input on the status of the system and leave feedback.

The best discussion forum for Starlink is https://www.reddit.com/r/Starlink/

• Informative
Reactions: mspohr and shs1
I keep hearing that the Starlink system's speed will improve.
I just installed it and got 156.1 mbs download, 17.9 mbs upload and 48 ms ping
That's over 15 times the speed of my existing situation (similar ping)
Outstanding. I guess they've already improved it.......
They are talking 300MBish speeds and reduced latency from there...

Reactions: DMC-Orangeville
Reactions: EVCollies
So I got my Starlink kit!

However, I set it all up by just plopping the dish out in the yard but it would not connect. Turns out this is why:

pefC9gS.jpg

Welp, I waited all this time just to have the Starlink network down in the PA area on the day my kit was delivered! :D

So I got my Starlink kit!

However, I set it all up by just plopping the dish out in the yard but it would not connect. Turns out this is why:

pefC9gS.jpg

Welp, I waited all this time just to have the Starlink network down in the PA area on the day my kit was delivered! :D

That's unfortunate! Maybe a new message they just inserted into the system? Seems to be occurring elsewhere. Here's a reddit thread about it: